Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
First of all, nice write up. I would also prefer buying my own bottle as opposed to the truck stop DEF. This thread deserves a sticky as I'm sure if GM continues production of the diesel for a few years there will be many more people helped out by this thread. I had to laugh at the OP though. Tomko method? People have been filling up def tanks with hoses and connectors like that for years.

Are that many of you over 24000 miles that you have to purchase def now? If you're not over 24k you're just throwing away money because the dealer should top it off for you for free

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
To each their own, DEF, oil, and doing it right is so cheap I can't find a reason not to. I'll fill my own def rather then have a 10 dollar an hour oil jockey not tighten my drain plug enough, cross thread the filter housing, and/or piss in my trunk.

yeah, I'm anal retentive at times :)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
View attachment 56073 View attachment 56073 this is the fuel I use a day. 3 gallons of DEF a day. So say 600 to 700 trucks a day stop and get DEF. That's around 2000 gallons a day. So turning over a 7000 gallon tank is easy
I miss food perks at A grocery store called giant eagle here, I used to fill up the big trucks and swipe my rewards cards and Id have 25% off my bill everytime I shopped up to $250 each visit. I wonder why they did away with that :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.