Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the Def quality poor message today. 14 cruze with 220k. Only cel I’ve had a few times is a P2002 for The DPF, but it regens properly and it did not have that code when the countdown came on nor does it have that code currently. Looked at my NOX 1 and NOX 2 readings and will attach photos of those. Sometimes NOX2 was reading higher or the same as NOX 1, other times it was reading lower which seems normal. Any glaring issues with the sensors to anyone? Don’t wanna just Throw sensors at it. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tried this on the highway on my way into work today and neither sensor went below 200 ppm, not sure if this is just the limits of the scan tool or if this could mean both sensors are bad? Going to perform a service regen and reductant fluid quality test per snipesys suggestion after work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I tried this on the highway on my way into work today and neither sensor went below 200 ppm, not sure if this is just the limits of the scan tool or if this could mean both sensors are bad? Going to perform a service regen and reductant fluid quality test per snipesys suggestion after work.
Maybe you checked already but make sure the SCR catalyst is actually attached to the exhaust :)

Replacing the SCR Catalyst is always a last resort. I hate how GM procedures push replacing things so quickly. Monitoring NOx sensors while driving is not as cut and dry as that document is implying.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe you checked already but make sure the SCR catalyst is actually attached to the exhaust :)

Replacing the SCR Catalyst is always a last resort. I hate how GM procedures push replacing things so quickly. Monitoring NOx sensors while driving is not as cut and dry as that document is implying.
Haven’t checked that but thinking I probably should, just seems odd how the sensors would be reading the same amount of Nox PPM or close to the same, has me thinking either a sensor is lying, or maybe the def injector is clogged?

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Haven’t checked that but thinking I probably should, just seems odd how the sensors would be reading the same amount of Nox PPM or close to the same, has me thinking either a sensor is lying, or maybe the def injector is clogged?
Clogged is possible. If you had Gretio you could run a quantity test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts