Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

So, I got the classic valve cover/pcv diagnosis. Looked in the manifold, no check valve. Replaced with the Cruzekits v2. Reinstalled manifold, installed new valve cover.

Now, while the symptoms seem to be "better" (rough idle) its still not perfect. Still sputtering at stop signs but not as dramatic as it was with the factory valve cover. The new valve cover instead of suction, is now making a high pitched whistling sound.

Could my new valve cover be defective?

I tried searching everywhere on this forum for an answer and nothing came up, so if this has been discussed before my apologies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like it. Is it an OEM GM part?

It is not, it is a Dorman branded part. I just ordered an OEM cover. This is my first big car repair so I'm kind of freaking out a bit. Will this car be ok to drive while i wait for the part to arrive?

·
Registered
374 Posts
It is not, it is a Dorman branded part. I just ordered an OEM cover. This is my first big car repair so I'm kind of freaking out a bit. Will this car be ok to drive while i wait for the part to arrive?
I mean, it’s going to run rough and I assume have terrible mileage with a vacuum leak. Bu tI dont think there would be any long term damage being done.

·
Super Moderator
7,000 Posts
Did you make sure to put the two required dabs of sealant on the valve cover? Is the PCV hose to the turbo connected correctly?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have this question. I’m in Germany where Opel dealers are afraid to sell me anything for my Cruze from Lordstown. So, I’m waiting about 3 weeks for the manifold, valve cover and the turbo PCV line hose. I want to fix this thing for good! At least till it fails again. Grrrrr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts