Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own 2012 LT. Been one the best vehichles I have ever owned.would'nt kick into defrost mode. actuators working just fine. Turns out the mode door lever on the defrost is broken, the little gears are broke off. The dash is off to do this repair. As I wait for the two new levers to come in from dealer I'm trying to figure out how to align the gears. Should I put the defroster fully open or fully closed? I just dont want to break something when put power to it after assembly and find out I was a tooth off. Does anyone have any info?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd just make sure it can go though the full range of motion. If you disconnect the battery, the system will re-calibrate itself then next time you start the car. Just let it do it's thing for 30 seconds or so.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a similar problem, no defrost. I removed the panel with the speedo, indicators and can see the main motor gear and a smaller, completely round gear. The two gears are misaligned, the smaller one is jammed behind the larger one. The smaller one is ground up some too. Any idea what's going on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.