Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Delayed low tire pressure warning on Cruze Diesel

1376 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  jalaner
My 2014 CTD has a slow tire air leak. I have not been able to find the cause so far. My problem is that the low pressure warning never displays when I am driving in town and have easy access to my air compressor. It only displays when I am on the road for my frequent long work trips. Then I have to stop at a rest area and deal with the inconvenient onboard compressor. I'm not sure if this is a malfunction or the warning is stupidly designed. The warning is not really useful if it only works after driving the CTD for 45 minutes. Anyone having similar problems?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
3,857 Posts
What is the tire pressure when the warning is issued? How many psi below the normal?

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
The TPMS on the ECO MT is set to alert the driver at 30 PSI. When I had a tire like this I got into the habit of checking my TPMS daily and inflating the tire as needed.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The warning has displayed 4 times, all on long trips. Maybe just coincidence that it never breaches the 30 psi threshold in town. Normal pressure is 38 psi. It is just irritating and hopefully the dealer can find the leak, not a nail or anything obvious. I know I can check it manually but that sort of defeats the purpose of the automatic alert. My Pontiac Vibe alerts at 10% (3-4 psi) low so you can drive the car without overheating the tire. Assuming the CTD alerts at 8 PSI low (over 20%). That seems excessively low as a first notice of the problem. I drive 80 ish, seems like this will ruin the tire. Maybe it can be reprogrammed for a 10% low alert threshold.

· Premium Member
24,131 Posts
On the ECO AT & MT the 30 PSI warning is 5 lbs low. Sounds to me like Chevy didn't reprogram the low pressure alert.

10,589 Posts
On the ECO AT & MT the 30 PSI warning is 5 lbs low. Sounds to me like Chevy didn't reprogram the low pressure alert.
I remember the 2000-05 impalas were also like that. You literally had to be visibly low to get a notice. At least the spare isn't counted in the tpms process like a few other cars. People spend months chasing down a low tire till they find out it's the spare in the trunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.