Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,880 Posts
I wonder if the oil pickup seal failed and caused a spun bearing...

·
Registered
15 GMC Denali Duramax, fully deleted...14 Cruze diesel, 15 Cruze diesel, both deleted... and more
12 Posts
I have a 2014 Cruze diesel that I took to Fleece in Indy and had them perform their magic. Hp tune, EGR delete, downpipe, dpf regen turned off, ect. They also changed the transmission shift points, which I think did more for the car than anything. It's got a wicked wheel in the turbo too. Thing ran great. Got mid 50's on the mileage easily. The engine spun a main bearing on me and I have finally decided I don't have the time/interest to put it back together. I'd like to sell the whole car to someone who wants all of the goodies vs just scrapping it out. If anyone is interested, send me a message. I am in central Ohio.
I have a 2014 Cruze diesel that I took to Fleece in Indy and had them perform their magic. Hp tune, EGR delete, downpipe, dpf regen turned off, ect. They also changed the transmission shift points, which I think did more for the car than anything. It's got a wicked wheel in the turbo too. Thing ran great. Got mid 50's on the mileage easily. The engine spun a main bearing on me and I have finally decided I don't have the time/interest to put it back together. I'd like to sell the whole car to someone who wants all of the goodies vs just scrapping it out. If anyone is interested, send me a message. I am in central Ohio.

i am interested in the whole car. PM me on facebook my name is Jerrod Wamre or email me at [email protected]. Either way I’m a buyer

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm probably interested as well in case Jarrod Wamre doesn't buy it

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wonder if the oil pickup seal failed and caused a spun bearing...
That I don't know. It locked up tight and wouldn't even roll over. I pulled the pan and found that. It was depressing. Really a fun car to drive when it was tuned. It would go from 40 to 90 in a blink.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
That I don't know. It locked up tight and wouldn't even roll over. I pulled the pan and found that. It was depressing. Really a fun car to drive when it was tuned. It would go from 40 to 90 in a blink.
That’s unfortunate. I’m sorry for your loss :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
DM sent

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
It’s illegal in Canada. They have simply never pursued against Canada companies.

The US has shut down numerous Canadian companies though.
its not illegal in canada

its illegal in some provinces and legal in others, its not a federal issue.

its 100% legal in alberta

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
its not illegal in canada
Canada’s 1999 act more or less says the vehicle must stay the way as it is from factory.

But of course there is no enforcement on that beyond simply saying “it’s on the provinces”.

The verdict is: Canada could pass a act which mandated enforcement at the federal level. And they would be 100% justified in doing so. You wouldn’t be able to cry foul because they are just enforcing what already exists. Form this point of view deletes are 100% illegal in Canada.

Some say the 1999 act can’t be interpreted this way buuuuuut they aren’t the ones who make your laws.

Now if you don’t want that to happen yeah go ahead call it legal. Just know that risk exists. Youre not gonna go to jail for it. And it’s insanely unlikely Canada is going to waste time on passenger cars.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Canada’s 1999 act more or less says the vehicle must stay the way as it is from factory.

But of course there is no enforcement on that beyond simply saying “it’s on the provinces”.

The verdict is: Canada could pass a act which mandated enforcement at the federal level. And they would be 100% justified in doing so. You wouldn’t be able to cry foul because they are just enforcing what already exists. Form this point of view deletes are 100% illegal in Canada.

Some say the 1999 act can’t be interpreted this way buuuuuut they aren’t the ones who make your laws.

Now if you don’t want that to happen yeah go ahead call it legal. Just know that risk exists. Youre not gonna go to jail for it. And it’s insanely unlikely Canada is going to waste time on passenger cars.

page 27

its not illegal, in alberta, at all.

·
Registered
78 Posts
boraz said:
http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/Content/docType41/Production/CVIManual.pdf
page 27

its not illegal, in alberta, at all.

That would be lack of enforcement yes.
Also.....

COMMERCIAL VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
IN ALBERTA
CANADIAN MOTOR TRANSPORT ADMINISTRATORS
2014 NATIONAL SAFETY CODE STANDARD 11, PART B
(Periodic Commercial Motor Vehicle Inspections – PMVI)
FOR COMMERCIAL VEHICLE INSPECTIONS OF:
TRUCK/TRUCK TRACTOR, LIGHT TRUCK, CONVERTER, TRAILER, SCHOOL
BUS, COMMERCIAL BUS, MOTOR COACH

ALBERTA TRANSPORTATION

Version 2.0

41 - 53 of 53 Posts