Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Delete kit

69K views 68 replies 30 participants last post by  nickc 
#1 ·
Just hoping that someone might know of somewhere the fleece delete kit can still be purchased. I've searched high and low on the web, but nobody has one that I can find.

#3 ·
It doesn't look like you can purchase it...there's no button to add it to your cart.

#8 · (Edited)
If I may interject.....
I am opposed to Delete's. However, if I were to be interested in obtaining a kit, I would NOT be discussing individual companies and/or sharing links to possible suppliers on a PUBLIC Forum. Answers via IM would seem less .... monitorable :cool:. If you get my meaning.....:unsure:

Reactions: 15cruzediesel
#65 ·
I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze that l shipped to Ghana in west Africa. The car has been parked for almost 2 years due to this stupid EDF system that has failed to work.

I’m looking to buy a delete kit and ship it to Ghana where no law restricts the removal of this crazy system but can’t find one. Please hook me up with one and the tuner ASAP. I’m desperate.

#12 ·
I was going to delete it after the 100,000 mile warranty ran out because of all the problems i was reading about on these diesels. Was going to keep it as a daily driver instead of purchasing a new one every 5-6 years. Our government in there infinate wisdom has created a monster with these cars and trucks. A very close friend of mine had a 2013 duramax bought back (lemon law) because it would not drive more than 500 miles without going into countdown mode. 13 sensors in the exhaust alone. Had it in for service 6-7 times and G.M. could not fix it. He lost about 10K in 1 year. If I could of deleted it I would of kept it, just not taking that chance. Too many dam sensors that fail leaving you stranded.

#13 ·
Just for reference, though, nothing failed on you, did it?

#14 ·
The def fluid tank was replaced at about 60k. Had one sensor go in the exhaust at 72K. Battery 2 times in 90K. Trans cooler line to radiator,not sure when. I would of kept it if I had not known of all of the problems diesel are having lately. G.M. Ford and Rams just have too many Government implemented emission standards that are problematic.

#15 ·
So the DEF tank and the sensor were the only emissions-related failures, then...depending on the sensor, both would have been covered by the special warranty coverage.

Battery isn't emissions, nor are the trans lines (the design of which is used on many other vehicles...and prone to failing on those, as well - ours probably started leaking somewhere between 50k and 70k miles. I replaced them at ~74k, as I had noticed at 70k that they were leaking).

In the scheme of things, you were a lot better off than most.

#19 · (Edited)
A garage in AB deleted mine. He fabbed the downpipe and programmed the ECU. If you can get the downpipe and send him your ECU he will be able to program it for you much cheaper than the kits I've seen posted on here.

I paid $1500 CAD for the downpipe work and the tune. I think just the tune would be ~ $800 CAD so a discount for you yanks.

#20 ·
I'm sure that Westers Garage in Tilly, AB appreciates the advertisement that he performs emissions deletes on diesel engines.?

#40 ·
I have a 2014 Cruze diesel that I took to Fleece in Indy and had them perform their magic. Hp tune, EGR delete, downpipe, dpf regen turned off, ect. They also changed the transmission shift points, which I think did more for the car than anything. It's got a wicked wheel in the turbo too. Thing ran great. Got mid 50's on the mileage easily. The engine spun a main bearing on me and I have finally decided I don't have the time/interest to put it back together. I'd like to sell the whole car to someone who wants all of the goodies vs just scrapping it out. If anyone is interested, send me a message. I am in central Ohio.

#41 ·
I wonder if the oil pickup seal failed and caused a spun bearing...

#64 ·
exactly my headache,
I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze that l shipped to Ghana in west Africa. The car has been parked for almost 2 years due to this stupid EDF system that has failed to work.

I’m looking to buy a delete kit and ship it to Ghana where no law restricts the removal of this crazy system but can’t find one. Please hook me up with one and the tuner ASAP. I’m desperate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.