Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys,
I have a trubends 2.5" stainless straight pipe exhaust coming in the mail soon and I plan on deleting the 2nd cat, the stock resonator and the muffler but I am concerned about making too much noise. I have been considering installing a LARGE magnaflow muffler (#14716) AND a Dynomax VT to keep it quiet while still allowing plenty of flow. Any suggestions, comments or opinions welcome.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Your time , your money , your choices .

·
Registered
306 Posts
It would be very loud I would assume..

Any car missing a cat and with no resonators and mufflers - essentially straight piped with 1 cat, will be loud.

I would assume you would have a CEL on too.

Adding a magnaflow muffler will help alot though. But still really loud.

·
Registered
43 Posts
From my experience with the few 1.4T cars that I have worked on and mine. It will be pretty loud, I have not heard that exact combination. But from hearing one with first and second cats being removed and muffler being removed(only has stock resonator left). It was loud, but was not unbearable. Just isn't what I would want. Did sound good when reving it out on the dyno tho. But for normal driving, I think it would be just to loud. And as for deleting the second cat, I seen one car not set the check engine light and on another car, it did set the check engine light. Weird. I would recommend adding a aftermarket muffler, if you do decide to remove 2nd cat, resonator, and muffler.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I deleted the muffler and went straight pipe AFTER the resonator and am very pleased(not too loud, not too soft) but I don't have an aftermarket downpipe. Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha okay so it's crazy how plans change but I have a Borla 40842S Type- S muffler sitting here and I think that I am going to start by replacing the resonator with the Borla muffler and straight pipe the rest of the way back, and if it's still too quiet I'll try deleting the cat and keeping the Borla where the resonator is. When it's all said and done I'll try to get a sound clips uploaded. My muffler has already been deleted and the car is hardly louder than stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts