Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze LT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, about a month ago, I was at a McDonalds. I passed the drive thru window and started backing up. The guy literally watched me back into the Ronald McDonald box and didn’t say anything. Don’t know why I didn’t see it myself but it happened.

I took it to get it looked at 2 days ago and the guy said it would be about $1700 to get it fixed along with a paint match.

Is it possible to knock it out myself or should I just go with a paint match and leave it alone? It doesn’t really bother me too much since most people don’t notice it until they’re pretty close to the car and looking at the wheel! I turned on the flash because without it, you don’t see the full extent of the damage!

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Metal looks beyond hope. Even if you do pop it out that hard line will always be there.

A lot of that looks like it can be polished out. Obviously not all of it. High grit wet sanding is also in your arsenal. Be sure to sand the exposed areas with P80 or something to insure a good paint bond,

Lots of tricks you can do at home. I recommend googling around for DIY paint touch ups and body repair. Yeah it’s gonna look like ass still.

I doubt the results are as good as they look in video but this is a really good intro to DIY repairs and painting.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'd say there's no getting around needing some Bondo on this. But it could still be a driveway project. Hammer the dent out some, grind it down to bare metal, apply body filler (bondo), sand, prime, apply body putty, sand, prime, sand, mask, paint, clear coat.

Doug

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze LT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably not with that creased section....
If I can get it out as much as possible, I’d be happy to do so. I’m sure there will be SOME scarring left but maybe it’ll just look like I scraped up against something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, about a month ago, I was at a McDonalds. I passed the drive thru window and started backing up. The guy literally watched me back into the Ronald McDonald box and didn’t say anything. Don’t know why I didn’t see it myself but it happened.

I took it to get it looked at 2 days ago and the guy said it would be about $1700 to get it fixed along with a paint match.

Is it possible to knock it out myself or should I just go with a paint match and leave it alone? It doesn’t really bother me too much since most people don’t notice it until they’re pretty close to the car and looking at the wheel! I turned on the flash because without it, you don’t see the full extent of the damage!
View attachment 287223
I highly recommend that you get another quote. A wild turkey had hit my right front quarter panel. Between the body work for that, the headlight replacement, and the hood repaint, it ran a little less than $1000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you tried a company like Dent Wizard? There are several similar ones in my area. I used another dent removal company about 3 years ago for a similar trunk dent and it cost me $210.

·
Registered
13 Posts

View attachment 287223
Get another estimate, $1700 seems high just for a quarter panel repair and paint.

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze LT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m pretty sure that’s a quarter panel since there’s no separation line from the rest of the car except below the dent where the rear bumper starts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts