Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2014 Cruze. My problem is when I start it and put it into drive, the gas pedal makes a crunchy, springing noise when it hits between 10 and 12 mph. It doesn't do it if you stop in traffic , or say a Stop sign. Only when you shut it off and then start and go. Told the dealership many times and did bring it in. They could never hear or feel the noise I do. Go figure. Please, any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank You.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I recently stopped listening to the radio and play my own music playlists. I'll typically be a few minutes in to my drive before I start up the playlist. When I started doing this, I noticed the metal-like clunking as well and thought something may be wrong. Never heard this on any other vehicle before. I stopped by the dealership for a regular service I was booked in for and mentioned it. The service tech was immediately able to, without any reasonable doubt, assure me that it was, as mentioned, the ABS self check. That was a nice relief as the sound is rather ominous.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
All GMs do this and have done so for as long as GM has been installing ABS systems. My 2002 Pontiac Montana did it, my Cruze did, and my Volt does this. Other manufacturers do a different test but this is the standard ABS dynamic self-test used by GM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!! I will mention that to my dealer and see what he says. I've had this car for 3 years and it never did that until 3 months after I bought it. I really appreciate your comments. The only thing that bothers me is the noise and the crunchy, springing feeling on my foot. It really is driving me nuts! Any way to tone it down or disconnect it, so I won't hear and feel that?? I've never had a car do that stuff. Thanks again!!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,346 Posts
Thanks everyone!! I will mention that to my dealer and see what he says. I've had this car for 3 years and it never did that until 3 months after I bought it. I really appreciate your comments. The only thing that bothers me is the noise and the crunchy, springing feeling on my foot. It really is driving me nuts! Any way to tone it down or disconnect it, so I won't hear and feel that?? I've never had a car do that stuff. Thanks again!!
Always done it; you just didn't notice it.

Only way to disable would be to disable the ABS, which you don't want to do, as it can save you in an emergency situation.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Most of my Cars in the past 15 years or so made this noise. It is possible to also feel a slight pop in the pedal too. For best results limit your Dealer observations to the most important issues as having them poke around your Car out of Warranty costs about $125 an hour

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hellow, I also have a 2014 Cruze and I came to this forum looking for an answer to your same question months back… and yes it did turn out to be the ABS test. You will notice it only does it once, on occassion maybe twice when you first drive off and hit 12 mph after a couple hours with the car off.

In your manual: Driving and Operating 9-39

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/gtsearch.php?q=abs test

1 - 9 of 9 Posts