Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I will never again go to a car detailer. I brought it to a local place, and they must have had mr. First timer do my car. He used wax on my car, and ended up doing all my plastic panels. I tried wiping it off with water and a rag, but it did not work. I don't want to start throwing any harsh chemicals on it, so does anyone know what I can use to clean this up?
ImageUploadedByAG Free1413576533.876195.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1413576566.360880.jpg

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
625 Posts
I used wipe new on mine and it's working great for me. It cleaned and restored it back to the dark black without any grease or residue. Got mine at walmart prob about 8 months ago and it still looks like I did it yesterday

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
I would take it back to them and make them fix it or take it to a true professional detailer and then hand your bill over to the people who screwed your cruze up! This car detailer, if they are smart, should have insurance for stuff like this, so if it was me, they would be receiving a bill from me once it was corrected by myself or by a professional!

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I would take it back to them and make them fix it or take it to a true professional detailer and then hand your bill over to the people who screwed your cruze up! This car detailer, if they are smart, should have insurance for stuff like this, so if it was me, they would be receiving a bill from me once it was corrected by myself or by a professional!
I was kinda thinking the same thing, why not question them about the mess they made? I certainly would not be paying for that kind of work!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I always get that white residue on my mud guards when I wax. I use Mr. Clean magic eraser and it works like a charm. That mess is so unprofessional! I would've demanded a discount or at least made them fix it lol.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It didn't show up for about a week. Then, out of no where, poof!!! I didn't get it. It was dry out, and rained last night. So maybe that made it appear? But the place I went too is 45 minutes away, and I don't feel like wasting my time... I'll just leave reviews on that place scattered across the interweb as I feel fit. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try the mr clean eraser tomorrow

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would just use the magic eraser suggestion and do it myself rather than going back to them. Once I see a business do work like that I just call it a lesson learned and avoid them like the plague by keeping my car far away

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Well they used plenty of waxer on IT , nice and shiny ! Yer good for the season , should last until spring !

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The magic erasers worked fine, but i found a better solution. 91% isopropyl alcohol. I use this when removing thermal paste from processor chips in computers. Thought I'd give it a try and it removed it all without the scrubbing needed with magic erasers. Just apply a dampening amount of 91% on a paper towel and wipe.

·
Registered
146 Posts
When my car's black door trim has a lot of fingerprints on it the regular car wash soap does a pretty good job at cleaning it up! You could also try just soap and water before you buy stuff.

Well they used plenty of waxer on IT , nice and shiny ! Yer good for the season , should last until spring !

I've read a lot of people say you only really need to wax once per season. But how do you guys wash your car in between waxes to keep it shiny? I've washed my car twice since I bought it about a month ago because it keeps getting dirty with rain and construction making our roads muddy. First time i used Meguiars ultimate liquid wax and after two weeks there were white dots where dirty water had dried up. So i went back to the car wash and rewashed my car (two bucket method and everything) and used Meguires Ultimate Paste Wax and oh boy did my baby look shiny. But it has been a week and although it's still shiny, my car is bumpy with noticeable dirty spots. I used a white microfiber cloth and wiped a tiny part with my cloth covered index finger and the stuff was like black power that came off. So now Im mad and want to wash it again to get the smoothness back.

Ideas? I don't mean to hijack a thread but brian made a comment that reminded me.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I've given upon perfection when cleaning the Cruze. My black Suburban taught me that. Once a month thru the car wash if I'm lucky!

·
Registered
273 Posts
ANY professional detailer should know not to put wax on plastic. I would give them a chance to make it right.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I already took care of it. Knowing this place, the car would have come back with scratches. It was a gift certificate I had from an ex. Last time I'll ever go there though

1 - 20 of 24 Posts