Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have always used ONLY meguiars products for the longest time. But I've been seeing a lot of good stuff about Jax wax...have you had any experience with meguiars to compare them? Id be interested to know if the Jax is better. Might have to go get some stuff to try it out!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have long preferred Mothers products. California California Gold Cake wax has a deeper richer lustre than the Meguiar's Gold Class to me. It doesn't last as long in summer heat/sun though.

I tried the Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0. I am not that impressed. Easier to apply and remove than many synthetic waxes but the shine wasn't what I expected.

I'm trying the Griot's Sealant next.

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far I've only used the bug zapper and Hawiian shine wax as you dry. Just got the kit with the other stuff yesterday. I do love the bug zapper though! Works as described and really makes it a lot easier to get bugs off! The Hawiian shine is amazing also for a spray on wax!

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
Wow your set up looks so nice and organized lol! I'll go take a photo of my stuff later. I started out using all Meguiars, but have been trying different products over the past year. I've never heard of Jax.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
18 Posts
very nice collection! i've never heard of jax. i've used all types over the years, but since around 2009 or so i've started using adam's polishes and still haven't looked back. best i've ever used and hard to imagine there could be better. but i will always keep an eye open..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Been using a lot of chemical guys but going back to my good ol meguairs Mainly because there available at any store with chemical guys I gotta order it online and wait for it

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have been a mother guy for 20+ years. There maybe better products but mothers is a great product IMO. I like the 3 phase wax for older cars. I also only use Lexol leather cleaner & conditioner for my leather, sprayway glass cleaner & rain X for the final coat outside. The rain X I use is the same as I put in my cars the orange stuff. I also use wheel wax for my rims, well worth it. I clean my rims every 5k miles when I rotate my tires & rewax them.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I decided to switch over to turtle wax ice products. you can wax everything with it and doesn't leave any residue. they now have a once a year sealer that I just started using. If I have to restore paint or remove something nasty I use meguiars ultimate compound and scratch remover luckily I haven't had to use it on my cruze the ice detailer is pretty good at removing bad stuff (knock on wood - hand knocking on head :grin:) I also started using amsoil miracle wash this year and works pretty good when I don't want to get the hose and bucket out.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I decided to switch over to turtle wax ice products. you can wax everything with it and doesn't leave any residue. they now have a once a year sealer that I just started using. If I have to restore paint or remove something nasty I use meguiars ultimate compound and scratch remover luckily I haven't had to use it on my cruze the ice detailer is pretty good at removing bad stuff (knock on wood - hand knocking on head :grin:) I also started using amsoil miracle wash this year and works pretty good when I don't want to get the hose and bucket out.
I have been hearing good thing about turtle wax ice products & I have been thinking of trying it out. My neighbor swears by it & his Taurus looks like good wax job. Fun fact turtle wax has been out since 1930 & I think the are now into the future with this new product.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I personally let nature take its course, and the Cruze gets a bath when it rains.

The struggle is real as a full time college student working a full time retail management job. Lol. Wish I could treat the Cruze better though. Any suggestions for a quick way/product to detail?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Anyone try Zymol?? That stuff is amazing for darker colors !!
I've used the "Zyrtle Wax" Zymol Cleaner Wax.

It's smells good, but that's the best I can say about it. It doesn't last very long and doesn't shine that well. If you follow the instructions you have to remove it before it dries. If you let it dry, it's dusty. (which is okay because "for best results you are supposed to lightly mist the surface with cool water and buff to set and level the ingredients...that knocks out the dust.)

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
A lot of Autoglym products and my buddy owns a detailing shop so some specialty soap always hits the spot, Autoglyms wash & wax just doesnt cut it for me, very watered down!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts