Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fired up my car, stereo flashed "Device deleted," then behaved normally. Found my phone was no longer in the device list. Bluetooth was turned on on my phone and Your Vehicle was listed, but disconnected. Tried to re-pair (*rimshot*) the phone, phone didn't see the car until I cycled Bluetooth on it. Then it re-synced just fine. It had worked less than an hour before.

Is this more likely a problem with the car, or with the phone? Windows Phones have Bluetooth issues, but none of my other devices have flat-out deleted the phone.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I had my phone lose bluetooth connectivity one time. I cycled B/T and its worked fine ever since.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, I'll just keep an eye on it then. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I think I've figured this out: it's a timing problem. If I enable bluetooth on my phone or take it out of airplane mode less than two minutes before starting my car, the car unpairs the phone. The car is never deleted from the phone's device list, it's always the phone being deleted from the car's list. Unpairing also happens if I enable BT on my phone within two minutes *after* starting the car. So it appears that there's a four-minute window of fail. Either side of that window is fine.

Example: I keep my phone in airplane mode when I'm in my main data center because I have no signal, either cell or wireless, when I'm in there. I don't need to drain the battery in a fruitless search for signal. I leave the data center and don't immediately take it out of airplane mode and get to my car before the two minutes is up, unpair. If I take it out of airplane mode as soon as I'm clear, it works.

I have no idea how to fix this on a technical level and I'm too old to be constantly fiddling with these newfangled doohickeys.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Example: I keep my phone in airplane mode when I'm in my main data center because I have no signal, either cell or wireless, when I'm in there. I don't need to drain the battery in a fruitless search for signal. I leave the data center and don't immediately take it out of airplane mode and get to my car before the two minutes is up, unpair. If I take it out of airplane mode as soon as I'm clear, it works.

I have no idea how to fix this on a technical level and I'm too old to be constantly fiddling with these newfangled doohickeys.
First off... kudos for having the common sense to use Airplane mode where you know darn well know your phone is useless in your environment. I don't think there is anything else you can do... just remember to take it off Airplane mode with enough time to activate all of the wireless gizmos in your phone prior to turning on the ignition.

Don't know if you do, but I have a few "widgets" installed where I can just press the Airplane mode off/on as well as Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I do. Live tiles for airplane mode, wifi (which I use at home), and bt. Looks like this is something I'll just have to learn to live with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts