Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals, finally had the chance to install the DGR Coilovers on the cruze. Lowered the stock rear 2'' and the front 3''. Going lower in the front in the future!

As of right now, im currently breaking in the new suspension. So I cant really say anything yet. The car is much much more stiffer, awesome feeling around turns. Tight suspension and the firmness of the coils are crazy!

The quality of the pieces is 100% satisfaction!!! Great, simple and easy to work with. NO MODIFICATIONS were nessassary whatsoever.

After the 300 mile break in period is finished I will be testing the suspension FULL OUT! this way I could give a "TRUE" review on the product, As of right now I am extremely happy with these upgrade!

Here are some of the pics from today!

Thanks guys!

Attachments

Reactions: Poje

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will post up more pics daily!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Looks great. Looking to sell the Pedders? Did you ever get the revised front springs from Pedders? Any pics with the Pedders and the revised fronts?

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey bro, pedders sent me the revised set of front springs, but I never installed them. The owner of pedders contacted me directly to tell me the new springs will be the same as the rear, so we won't have that illusion that the front is higher. I finally saw the full potencial of my cruze with the DGR's ! Car looks sick slammed, turning a lot of heads !

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey bro, pedders sent me the revised set of front springs, but I never installed them. The owner of pedders contacted me directly to tell me the new springs will be the same as the rear, so we won't have that illusion that the front is higher. I finally saw the full potencial of my cruze with the DGR's ! Car looks sick slammed, turning a lot of heads !

How you guys lIking the drop so far? I didn't go too crazy yet but the front WILL be lowered atleast another inch ! There is still ALOT of thread on the strut to lower my cruze

·
Registered
65 Posts
Looks really nice, man. Cant wait to hear the full review. What are you doing with your Pedders? I might be interested if you re looking to sell them.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im going to have a bidding contest lol, so many people are interested in my old springs haha! Still in amazing condition and they've been on for 4 months! I'll post pics tomorrow of all 6 springs ( 2 new front coils, 2 old front and 2 old rear )

Looks really nice, man. Cant wait to hear the full review. What are you doing with your Pedders? I might be interested if you re looking to sell them.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Full review will be coming up, I wanna test out many different scenarios, fast cornering, slow, highway cruzing, city cruzing , different roads and see how the car really reacts to it! Plus, I gotta dampen my front and rear springs to get the exact ride I am looking for ! I can see the strut bars and UR chassis braces from InsaneSpeedMotorsports.com working amazing with the new suspension ! Nice and tight with no sway around corners whatsoever ! And this is just from cruzing , iimagine when I start to really step on it through cornering !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Im going to have a bidding contest lol, so many people are interested in my old springs haha! Still in amazing condition and they've been on for 4 months! I'll post pics tomorrow of all 6 springs ( 2 new front coils, 2 old front and 2 old rear )
Sounds good. I'll keep n eye out for them.

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
I must say that looks sick! Even on stockies. Might end up getting more lows than I wanted.

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
I though we made a deal for your old pedders lol. Its ok though, I want to wait a little longer before I start doing mods that void warranty and cant be swapped before taking her into the shop for maintenance.

·
Registered
218 Posts
did you have to replace your struts and shocks to lower it that far or could you retain the stock stuff?

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
They are full coilovers, the only stock part is the front top mounts.

LOOKS GREAT AJ! Now we need a video of you stalking the streets.
Thanks for being a great customer.
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah bro Nice drop, and I could even go another inch and a half! Which I will be doing once the summer time comes :)

gunna have my buddy re adjust my coilovers, gotta loosen up the rear end, but the suspension is a lot quicker! The Z link looks like its getting used to them quickly!

I must say that looks sick! Even on stockies. Might end up getting more lows than I wanted.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No Steve , thank YOU for being a great supporting vendor on CruzeTalk! ! ......Not a problem fellas, let me just pass the break I period lol, another 152 km more to go !
Then I will post some videos haha!

***WARNING*** The content in the "upcoming" video may contain reckless driving, stunt driving, illegal driving techniques, drag racing and so on. This program may be offensive to some viewers, rated for a 18+ audience....PLEASE do not try this at home.

Haha, kidding....cruze time

They are full coilovers, the only stock part is the front top mounts.

LOOKS GREAT AJ! Now we need a video of you stalking the streets.
Thanks for being a great customer.
Steve

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
I have always loved your Cruze man, i do not know why yours specifically, guess it's because i have seen it change lol. Looks great! I don't know about slamming it more, but in my personal taste i'd keep it like that, specially with all the pot holes here in Miami. Love how aggresive our cars look and now with the drop it looks like it can kick some ass!

Next up your plastidippin your wheels right? ;) I wanna see how they look so i can just buy some 18in's and plastidip em and be happy.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's why I said I was kidding LOL! I don't "speed" in the cruze anyways lol

what happen to driving slow lol,video tape on a track not the street dont be dumb

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha thanks bro you just made my day, yeah it has changed a lot since I first bought it lol! The dgrs really made my cruze look a lot better in person! It's sits nice man I gotta say! Everyday I look back when I installed those "splitters" Hahahahahahahahahahah ! Wtf was I thinking , dam !

I have always loved your Cruze man, i do not know why yours specifically, guess it's because i have seen it change lol. Looks great! I don't know about slamming it more, but in my personal taste i'd keep it like that, specially with all the pot holes here in Miami. Love how aggresive our cars look and now with the drop it looks like it can kick some ass!

Next up your plastidippin your wheels right? ;) I wanna see how they look so i can just buy some 18in's and plastidip em and be happy.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts