Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I would have to say i think i would do BNRs own tune before either of those options

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would love to do their own tune but I want a transparent one.
Just so you know transparent tunes can still be found by GM as they no longer use a reprogramming counter. Instead they use a number that generates when you program and if they do not line up with their numbers then they know your tuned.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just so you know transparent tunes can still be found by GM as they no longer use a reprogramming counter. Instead they use a number that generates when you program and if they do not line up with their numbers then they know your tuned.
Is this only on 2015 or is it retroactively applied to old models as well? I'm on a 2014 2LTRS 6mt

·
10,695 Posts
This is no longer valid or only counts if you don't get the new ECU flash going around for emissions?

Hello. This has been addressed before, several times. The entries the person quoted is referring to are the CVN numbers per write and the checksums to cross-reference. The TRIFECTA programming first, does not increment write counts. The flash counter will remain at the factory number. Second, and this is where we differ from other companies, our programming enters a GM CVN write number every time you write the ECM. It keeps things stock. Unlike other companies that 'mask' in hopes that the tech will simply overlook the entry, our programming actually uses the same code GM uses to generate the CVN. Keeping these numbers 100% factory and checksums to match, there are no traces left behind. If a tech were to try and decipher the CVN entries, they would all lead back to a legit GM write event.

If you took it to the dealer with the calibration still on there, they would look at it and see it as stock. The only way to tell is if the tech 'suspected' from driving the car and feeling a difference, taking a 'snapshot' of the calibration and then sending that to GM engineers to review. Only then, by looking at each table by table could they tell that the values/parameters have been changed.

So, all that being said. You are safe. You flash the stock calibration back on any time you go to the dealer just so that there is no cause for suspicions to be raised. TRIFECTA programming is not over-the-top. It is in depth.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
The 2014s aren't getting flashed. 2011-2013. The cars before 2014, I wouldn't worry about flashing a tune, because the dealer is flashing them left and right. This could possibly get missed, or ignored just because it's a hot item, right now, if something came up. Of course, I've flashed my 2014, about 4 times now. And I'm not worried about it.

I took the car into the dealership, today for an intercooler hose that blew off, and they road tested it and could not duplicate the problem. If they returned my car to me with the intercooler hose still blown off, I'm not worried about them tripping over my tune.

·
10,695 Posts
I have no physical engine bay mods and they never gave me crap the times I got towed in before I could take the tune off. Not saying if you have strut tower bars, ddm coil cover plate and a K&N warm air you could be looked at differently.

·
Vendor
971 Posts
DiabloSport's InTune does NOT change the CVNs from factory either. And BNR is a DiabloSport CMR dealer/tuner and can provide BNR tunes through Diablo hardware. We charge $150 for BNR Tunes if you buy the InTune from us, $200 if you don't.

·
Vendor
532 Posts
Hey Guys,

The comments about transparency are correct. GM has implemented different ways to detect a write event. The TRIFECTA programming accounts for this. We keep our code up to date. The person that mentioned no longer only using the write counter is correct. However, his comment about transparency is wrong, at least in TRIFECTA's case.

We make sure that the write counter never increases. Apart from this, we also replicate the the code that gets generated for a write event. These are the CVN's and check sum's. Its not a mask or a mimic. We actually use GM's own code/programming to generate the checksum so it all looks 100% factory, even if they were to go and compare the checksum generated by the write entry.

There are other, more sneaky ways too, that GM has implemented that we have discovered on newer GM operating systems like the one found on the 2015 Colorado/Canyon. We wont go into detail on this as we are currently the only ones (as far as we know) that have discovered it and have a way around it as well :)

With all the options currently available to you OP, it's just a matter of you figuring out what you really want and need, and how important your warranty is to you.

-Michael

·
Vendor
971 Posts
Michael is correct, Trifecta does not increment the flash counter or change CVNs from stock either. I did not mention them as this was a thread specifically asking about Diablo.

Whichever option you choose, BNR has you covered!

·
Vendor
532 Posts
Michael is correct, Trifecta does not increment the flash counter or change CVNs from stock either. I did not mention them as this was a thread specifically asking about Diablo.

Whichever option you choose, BNR has you covered!

Thanks Jerry! The OP did mention he was looking at Diablo and TRIFECTA...so I was sorta still on topic. As were you! :)

·
Vendor
971 Posts
I did not even see that, but you are right. Both are great options for what the OP is looking for

·
Registered
25 Posts
Avoid Diablo

thediablosport intune i2 should be avoided at all costs. their tunes just aren't compatible with cruze/sonic lt's. the canned tunes (even with all of the updates) make the car throw multiple codes within minutes. Specially stabilitrak and traction control. wOT will get stuck at about 6000 rpm and the vehicle can't pass the 88-90mph ((actually kinda weird it fluctuate between 88-90 , like it's governed.) the "power gains" seem to disappear in minutes but yet it maintains it's incredible power gas sucking abilities. it ate about a half a tank of gas in less than 100 miles. I hear it works great on corvettes. that's the thing about diablosport, it's a single device that can be used on multiple cars regardless of make or model. that should have been a red flag in itself. but in conclusion, it's not for the 2011-2015 cruze lt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts