Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I've been having an issue with the coolant since I got the car a couple months ago. Initially, it was the intermittent overheating (A/C off) message on longer drives (but then the temp would drop back to normal within moments before I could pull over). Then I noticed a coolant smell when exiting the vehicle and would have to replace coolant as the reservoir would get low. Most recently, I finally saw dripping and a puddle on the ground as the leak has worsened.

Upon closer inspection, the coolant appears to be coming from this local area on the front of the motor near the exhaust manifold. The wet part doesn't seem to go any higher than you see in the picture. The second crappy picture you can see further up, and it appears more dry. Ideas on where the cooling would be coming from and the next step?

2014 Cruze 1.4 LT

Thank you

Attachments

· Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
1,159 Posts
and would have to replace coolant as the reservoir would get low.
Nice job....It is critical you keep doing this. (y)
noticed a coolant smell when exiting the vehicle
There are a few known weak points in the cooling system, and from your description I would check the coolant lines to the turbo first.

dripping and a puddle on the ground as the leak has worsened.
Well, there you go. Follow the leak up to the source.

wet part doesn't seem to go any higher than you see in the picture. The second crappy picture you can see further up, and it appears more dry
Well, I'll try to be gentle because maybe the only thing you are familiar with is air cooled toys. :oops:
When the car has a coolant leak, and as the car moves through the air, the air pushes the coolant around (and up). If your picture is indeed showing coolant residue, I guarantee the source isn't farther up. That is the timing chain cover.
Focus your attention under the area of your picture, and also just the the right where the turbo charger is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts