Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I've been having an issue with the coolant since I got the car a couple months ago. Initially, it was the intermittent overheating (A/C off) message on longer drives (but then the temp would drop back to normal within moments before I could pull over). Then I noticed a coolant smell when exiting the vehicle and would have to replace coolant as the reservoir would get low. Most recently, I finally saw dripping and a puddle on the ground as the leak has worsened.

Upon closer inspection, the coolant appears to be coming from this local area on the front of the motor near the exhaust manifold. The wet part doesn't seem to go any higher than you see in the picture. The second crappy picture you can see further up, and it appears more dry. Ideas on where the cooling would be coming from and the next step?

2014 Cruze 1.4 LT

Thank you

Attachments

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Updates on the car finally... I took it to a mechanic after this to make sure I was on the right track. He diagnosed it as a blown head gasket, and so 300 dollars later and no closer to a solution the car has sat for about 4 months.

I finally decided to just attempt this **** myself, so I removed the head last weekend and took it to be tested. Turns out it's cracked in the first exhaust port.

The Chevy dealership has new heads they say for 950. Ebay and various auto parts sites seem to have them in the 700-1000 range for refurbished ones. Anything used I would still go have tested and then potentially returned which I really don't want to dick with. Lastly, I haven't been able to get them on the phone yet, but ZZP has ported heads for about 1500 so I was considering that. I haven't checked around forums or anything yet.

If anybody has an idea or opinion on where to procure one of these that would be great. After that, hopefully it will be the last thing and I can put this ****** back together without messing anything up.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts