Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's Up Cruze Forum, I Will Be Posting Any Updates Done To My Girlfriend's 2014 Cruze 2LT (Pics When Possible)

Below Is Purchase Pics

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
7/9/15

Put 20% Tint In Rear & 35% Up Front

As Well As 6k Oracle HID's

Attachments

·
10,695 Posts
Any Recommendations? Or Tips? Performance Is My Biggest Worry, I Want The Car Running 100%, (Intakes, Additives, Oils, Strut Tower Bars?)
*Believe we already covered tune.

*Intakes are sound only mod, MPG is suggestive and HP per $ is piss poor. if she gets annoyed by the car making noises every time she presses and lifts off the gas, skip that mod all together.

*Skip additives besides Chevron with Techron(new bottles don't even say with Techron anymore) or Amsoil Pi. Oils, I'll let that take it's course, just don't run the factory fill to 0% on the oil life monitor. You should be in the free oil changes bracket dependent on miles anyways.

*Strut tower bars, there was like 1 or 2 overseas companies making them and the price was questionable. A few people may have 1 off pieces up and did a gauge of interest poll/tread but demand was really low for them to mass produce.

Check the gaps on the plugs, actually seek the Hesitation, Gone thread for plug recommendations. Worth it even for both stock and tuned.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any Recommendations? Or Tips? Performance Is My Biggest Worry, I Want The Car Running 100%, (Intakes, Additives, Oils, Strut Tower Bars?)
*Believe we already covered tune.

*Intakes are sound only mod, MPG is suggestive and HP per $ is piss poor. if she gets annoyed by the car making noises every time she presses and lifts off the gas, skip that mod all together.

*Skip additives besides Chevron with Techron(new bottles don't even say with Techron anymore) or Amsoil Pi. Oils, I'll let that take it's course, just don't run the factory fill to 0% on the oil life monitor. You should be in the free oil changes bracket dependent on miles anyways.

*Strut tower bars, there was like 1 or 2 overseas companies making them and the price was questionable. A few people may have 1 off pieces up and did a gauge of interest poll/tread but demand was really low for them to mass produce.

Check the gaps on the plugs, actually seek the Hesitation, Gone thread for plug recommendations. Worth it even for both stock and tuned.
Thanks for the info! Just wanted some ideas as my 2014 says 410 miles from full to E but im only getting 330 miles from full to E

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
330 miles from F to E? Are you mostly city? That still seems a tad low. As Merc said, check the plug gaps...possibly look into the Copper or Iridium NGKs gapped to .03ish. For the summer months use 93 gas. If your willing to spend a few hundred bucks, get a Tune. Lots of threads around here for a few different ones, huge upsides, mostly in pickup but a tad in fuel economy as well. Also look into the intake resonator delete. Just put any of these topics in the sites search bar. Looks good so far!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
330 miles from F to E? Are you mostly city? That still seems a tad low. As Merc said, check the plug gaps...possibly look into the Copper or Iridium NGKs gapped to .03ish. For the summer months use 93 gas. If your willing to spend a few hundred bucks, get a Tune. Lots of threads around here for a few different ones, huge upsides, mostly in pickup but a tad in fuel economy as well. Also look into the intake resonator delete. Just put any of these topics in the sites search bar. Looks good so far!
thanks for the info! i'll look into this, it might just be that I have a heavy foot lol but that's 330 miles of streets. My job is only 5 miles there and back so it doesn't get alot of highway miles. Is there anything I should do? I really want a tune, I'm already using 93 only from now on.

Can we get some pics of the new LED foglights?
yes lol

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, when I fill up, it says 410 miles to E, but I kept track of the miles and I only got 330 from Full to E, but I only drive the car maybe 15 miles a day, and mostly streets. Besides the spark plugs and 93 gas, I want a tune, maybe intake? and I really want sway bars or anything to improve handling

·
10,695 Posts
yes, when I fill up, it says 410 miles to E, but I kept track of the miles and I only got 330 from Full to E, but I only drive the car maybe 15 miles a day, and mostly streets. Besides the spark plugs and 93 gas, I want a tune, maybe intake? and I really want sway bars or anything to improve handling
Are you still using OnStar? Reset trip A every time you refuel to full and compare it to lifetime. Trip B I reserve for Oil change Intervals. I use trip A to monitor when my car is in the shop.

Also post Trip A miles, mile to the gallon and average speed here. This will give you a better idea what's going on. I'm guessing the average speed is in the 20's for Trip A if you are 15 miles daily and city. 15 miles in Texas sounds like you are at the minimum requirements of warming the car up. You may also be using quite a bit of A/C on that trip and waiting for the car to cool down before you get in and drive off.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you still using OnStar? Reset trip A every time you refuel to full and compare it to lifetime. Trip B I reserve for Oil change Intervals. I use trip A to monitor when my car is in the shop.

Also post Trip A miles, mile to the gallon and average speed here. This will give you a better idea what's going on. I'm guessing the average speed is in the 20's for Trip A if you are 15 miles daily and city. 15 miles in Texas sounds like you are at the minimum requirements of warming the car up. You may also be using quite a bit of A/C on that trip and waiting for the car to cool down before you get in and drive off.
some very good tips! I will be filling up again tomorrow, so I'll post the miles I got on this trip

Also, some "photo shoot" pictures! stay tuned! thanks for checking out my cruze build

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
PICS!!!

At this moment, the only thing in mind as the next project is a *BACKUP CAMERA

also, when I auto-start the cruze, the ac or heater don't turn on like my 2008 impala according to the weather. I tried going in the Menu to set it up but the only thing that pops up is the climate controled seats

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sooooo, before the backup camera, I've read on the forums that the 1st thing to do is change the spark plugs. Now, are all years pretty much the same from 11-15? This is a 14 2lt cruze & since it's under all the warrantys, would this be something that they would look at and then deny warranty or can i go up there with the spark plugs that you guys recommend and have them put it at the gap that i tell them

1 - 20 of 43 Posts