Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

DIC Oil Percentage Question

1752 9
I drive a 14 1.4 Turbo 6 speed with 52k on it. I'm coming up on my 3rd Oil Change since I changed to Amsoil Signature Series 5-30. Per Amsoil, based on my driving my change intervals should be every 10k. But I'm at 7,254 and the Oil Percentage on the DIC says 5%. Can I continued to 10k with Amsoil or should I change now? I went with Amsoil since I'm on the road a lot. My other two changes I've done so far I've changed around 7k just to be safe since the DIC Percentage was around 10%.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
1,958 Posts
I have a 15 diesel and for first time went to 0% on last change. I Was on a road trip and had it changed when I got home and went over about 150 miles. In the owners manual it said if needed can go over 600 miles. I would have it changed, if there are any warranty issues better to be safe. To me if you don't change it and have a problem it gives them an easy excuse to deny a claim. If you are changing yourself, keep receipts.

oh on my last change I think it was like 7600 miles or so.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.