Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! 2014 1LT, the dic keeps resetting itself or turns on even with key off. The ground cable has been replaced under warranty already. I found this tsb # SB-14765 but the description or fix is unavailable online. Anyone knows something about this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Every reference to this service bulletin number that I find says it happens intermittently while in trip menu mode. Here's the text from NHTSA. I notice all of the references I see have *pe at the end of the description. I'm guessing that means "pending" and since the problem is described as intermittent, a fix (or a cause) has not yet been determined.

Service Bulletin No.: SB-14765
Component(s): EQUIPMENT
NHTSA ID Number: 10056601

All Products Associated with this Service Bulletin

Details

0 Associated Documents

Manufacturer: General Motors LLC
SUMMARY:

CHEVROLET: THE CLUSTER DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER (DIC) WILL ILLUMINATED ON ITS OWN, IN KEY OFF CONDITION, WHILE IN TRIP MENU MODE, AND ODOMETER RESETS ITSELF, INTERMITTENTLY, WITH A BEEP SOUND. MODEL 2014-2015 CRUZE, ORLANDO. *PE

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Hmmm. Sounds like some strange info floating around the car's bus. Anything plugged into the the ODBII port?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope. And it does it randomly.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, at times, wish I kept my Model A Ford, still was an 80 mph car and still can keep up with traffic since they are lowering the speed limits every year. The entire vehicle's wiring harness folded up would fit in my jacket pocket.

The Cruze ain't a basic vehicle, with five computer systems all tied together with a data link and the code is stored in EEROM or flashram like we like to call it. No real power switches, all high input impedance push buttons to microcontrollers. Most of the power switching is done by all those point contact relays in the underhood fuse/relay box.

Something told me to look in there first when my radio was flashing on and off. As recall, so was the DIC. Checked all those relays out with my constant current voltage drop method. Ignition relay had dirty contacts, cleaning those solve my problems. I would look in there first. With connectivity connector problems, this would be an absolute nightmare.

Before switching on the ignition, helps to say a pray first.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, got another appointment next Tuesday for this. Different dealer this time. I'll post an update.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts