Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post this is my 4th fill up now with my 2012 Cruze Eco auto.

I do 82 miles a day 52 miles is highway doing about 75-80mph on the highway. City I'm mostly in 40-50mph areas some 35.

Previously the most I could put in the tank with first click was 12.6 which the cruze showed about 512 miles on a tank. Well last fill up I clicked it to 13.2 or 13.3 and stopped. I filled up last thursday morning and basically went 6 work days with a little driving on the weekend.

I got to the office and it showed 70 miles to empty. I was going home and about 2-3 miles from the office about to get on the highway and the empty light came on. What I noticed is once it gets below 50 miles to empty the console just shows LOW no more estimated mileage.

According to the Cruze my 529.2 said I got 38.8 miles and used 13.6. First click off tonight I got 13.821 so 38.2 based on that. I decided to click after to 14.541 which would give me 36.39 mpg. I stopped at 14.541 but probably could have got more in the tank but happy with that. When I got back in the Cruze it went up to 637 miles to empty. I don't plan to fill up past first click after this fill up.

See attached pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
@ coinneach Love the Avatar! ( Mark Anthony! you but that kitty down now! :lol:)

Arius,, nice on the MPG,, now get the Fuelly in your sig! ;)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not to knock but its hard to really know how much fuel you used since you didn't fill up to the same level both times. My fillups I just go till it stops and then two extra clicks. That way I can be as consistent as possible.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is my previous two fillups to this the empty light came on and it only went to 12.6 gallons on first click it wouldn't go anymore. This time I went to first click and calculated basted off that. My next fill up I'm only going to the first click to try and get more constant fuel ups. Chevy & my dealer never could answer why I wasn't going past 12.6 gallons when the Empty came on, they couldn't even tell me sure what the reserve is 2 or 3 gallons.

Chevy is still looking into it and supposed to get back to me today. Some are thinking the calibration is off but nobody can tell me for sure.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a 12, I havent seen the best 50, where is it at in the menu?

Sent from my DROID X2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts