Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Not to many towns, cities, or villages have these type of tow trucks. Most of them are flat bed trucks wit a winch to pull the vehicle up.
I honestly don't know of any flat bed two trucks that are built without the wheel lift mechanism. If you take a look the next time you see a flat bed two truck, I'll bet that you'll spot the wheel lift tucked away under the back of the bed. It not only makes the truck more versatile, it allows them to clear a two car accident by putting one of the vehicles on the bed and towing the other behind it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I honestly don't know of any flat bed two trucks that are built without the wheel lift mechanism. If you take a look the next time you see a flat bed two truck, I'll bet that you'll spot the wheel lift tucked away under the back of the bed. It not only makes the truck more versatile, it allows them to clear a two car accident by putting one of the vehicles on the bed and towing the other behind it.

The 6 location dealership i work at doesn't have any tow trucks with that set up. Only one tow company has the front wheel setup, any they strictly tow Box Trucks and Semi's. Maybe its a location thing for what types of trucks are used.

You would think Chevy would have thought of something when it comes to towing the Cruze. Its funny how manufacturers overlook the small things that can make a difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you measure your tow hook for length and thread size? I'd mainly like to know the length from the threads to the start of the hook. shaft length I guess you'd say.

on my cruze, the tow is not attached to the car and is kept together with the tire iron.

here is the tow which you need to screw when needed. note the thread on one end.

below are pix of where the tow is to be attached when needed.

front facia :
you need to remove that parallelogram shaped cap in the picture which is actually just a cover, once the cover is removed, you can see under there where you screw the tow.

rear facia - located on the right side - remove cap to access where the tow is to be attached.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anybody know if the threads are in place on the US Version? I'd be ok with drilling out my bumper and plugging it with a grommet

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I remember a time that I helped out a PTCruiser with my tow strap on my truck. It actually had tow hook loops built in to subframe in the rear.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Those attachments are primarily for oversea shipping. The Korean units have them because they export globally. The US made ones only service North America.
EXACTLY, those are tie down points for when they are transported on the ships. They just come in useful for other things at times. (yes I've shipped a car to Europe (Brehmerhaven, Germany specifically) on a car transport I drove it on and they strapped it down while I was getting out of the car and leaving the keys with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was looking around under the car and there is not much to hook to if for some reason you ever get stuck or go off the road in the winter (Minnesota).

I'm surprised GM did not put a recovery hook in the rear.
I got stuck in the mud something terrible yesterday the body of the car was touching the ground after hours of digging I called a friend when I decided it wasnt coming out in it's own, (should have realized that as soon as it bottomed out) but we hooked directly too rear axle and pulled it out like nothing with a 4x4 Silverado

·
Registered
583 Posts
I know the Gen 2 cars come with one in the trunk tool kits. You pop off a cover on the bumper and thread it in

21 - 30 of 30 Posts