Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, my car has been overheating for possibly three weeks on and off.. I did my best with maintaining with applying the proper fluids- that was not enough, my car overheated on the highway. I pulled over turned my hazard lights on. I waited at 30mins tried to start my car back up and it WOULD NOT START. I noticed it was making a rapid fast ticking sound tried to jump the car and it still not start.. please if you have any feedback or advice on how I can move forward with possibly regaining my cars life back please please reach out..

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
When you say it won't start, what exactly happens? Does the starter engage and turn the engine at a normal speed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first time I tried to start it it just made a really fast ticking noise... I tried to jump it and it would not start either now I just makes a click.

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
The overheating and non-start sound unrelated.

I’d start with a new battery. If the battery is original, it’s up to 4 years old...it’s possible running the flashers drained the battery so low it won’t jump start anymore.

Once it’s starting/running again, have a mechanic check for stored check engine light codes to help diagnose cooling issues.

·
Registered
180 Posts

I’d start with a new battery. If the battery is original, it’s up to 4 years old...it’s possible running the flashers drained the battery so low it won’t jump start anymore.

Once it’s starting/running again, have a mechanic check for stored check engine light codes to help diagnose cooling issues.
Autozone will check your battery and check your codes for free I believe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Understood! Thank you for all your help

·
Registered
316 Posts
The overheating may have caused the no-start. It is not normal for this car to overheat or need a top-off of coolant. There is probably a leak somewhere, maybe internal to the engine, maybe not. Regardless, an overheating may cause damage that increases the leaks (especially internal leaks - warped head and ruptured head gasket for example) or causes other problems that would result in the car stalling and not restarting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats good feedback as well thank you a ton 17# I will follow-up and let everyone know whats going on with.. I am praying it come back to life =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts