Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2012 Cruze and all the windows had auto down with one-touch and the driver's window had auto-up with one touch. I traded it for a new 2016 a couple weeks ago and it doesn't seem to have auto-up on the driver's window. Did they do away with this feature or is it possible that my window switch has a malfunction? I really liked that feature and it's pretty annoying if they did away with it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
When you say "2016", are you talking about the "left over 2015" Gen1, or the "all new" 2016.5 Gen2?

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
its probably trim level related, the LS LT may not have it. I myself HATE this feature and should just pay to get the switch without it. Constantly have to fight the switch(distracting from driving) just to crack open the window. Want the window down just a little bit? auto down takes over with just the slightest movement of the finger, now try to stop that auto up puts the **** window all the way back up.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
its probably trim level related, the LS LT may not have it. I myself HATE this feature and should just pay to get the switch without it. Constantly have to fight the switch(distracting from driving) just to crack open the window. Want the window down just a little bit? auto down takes over with just the slightest movement of the finger, now try to stop that auto up puts the **** window all the way back up.
Just flip the switch the opposite way and the window stops, no problem really.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Want the window down just a little bit? auto down takes over with just the slightest movement of the finger, now try to stop that auto up puts the **** window all the way back up.
Just tap "down" a second time to stop it. Sometimes trying to do "up" will cause it to go up, but I find "down" works perfectly.

Reactions: spacedout

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
Just tap "down" a second time to stop it. Sometimes trying to do "up" will cause it to go up, but I find "down" works perfectly.
I'll give this a try. Personally I would like to have two switches - one for auto and one for manual.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Personally I would like to have two switches - one for auto and one for manual.
I'd prefer a single switch but two position, much like on a DLSR. Halfway down triggers the auto-focus. All the way down clicks the shutter.

Edit: I'm not sure but what the switch is dual position - it's just hard to find the "half-way" point.

The turn signal is dual-position. Part way down and it won't lock. Great for changing lanes. All the way down locks it on.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I traded it for a new 2016 a couple weeks ago and it doesn't seem to have auto-up on the driver's window. Did they do away with this feature or is it possible that my window switch has a malfunction?
The owner's manual has the same language as the Gen1 - it "may" have the express feature. My guess is that if you have express down, then you should have express up for the driver's window. If it doesn't work, then I'd consider taking it back to the dealer for repair.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a premier trim car with no extra options. I'll do some further investigation but I suspect they did away with it. I really miss that feature as I have to go through security gates multiple times a day and it's covenient to have. I know, these are "first-world problems!"

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,998 Posts
I can't stand that "feature" most of the time. I am forever toggling back and forth between auto down and auto up when I just want the window somewhere in the middle. Switch is way too sensitive.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I can't stand that "feature" most of the time. I am forever toggling back and forth between auto down and auto up when I just want the window somewhere in the middle. Switch is way too sensitive.
Agree. I had the same problem. It was nice when I wanted to roll the window up all the way, but other than that, there was not a well defined position between up and express up.

My new hatchback comes with express down on all four windows only.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'd prefer a single switch but two position,
Guess what? That's exactly what my car has. The first position is maybe 1/16" of a inch movement, but it's there. Now it's a matter of calibrating the finger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts