Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Did timing belt, starts and runs, but issues...

3784 Views 23 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  LulzT1
I have a 2014 diesel cruze with 106,000 miles. I replaced the timing belt and water pump.

When it was put back together it fired right up without a problem, sounded perfect... However, the Stabili trak and TCS needs service lit up, as well as the check engine light. The tachometer also does not work, as well as when it is put into gear it the transmission shifts very harshly and once underway the automatic transmission does not shift out of second.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I messed up? And also how to fix it?

Also, I hooked the car up to my code reader, and got the P0016 code. As I said, it starts and runs just fine.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
there is no timing on a hpfp.. it just sends pressure... Just like any other fuel pump just way higher. The car uses the cam and crank to decide when to fire the injector. My belt never matched up on the hpfp.. no problems... The only problem I had was the seal leaked on the hpfp.. so If anybody is doing a timing belt I would change the hpfp shaft seal at the same time.. easy job. saves lots of time if you don't have to do the belt twice.

· Registered
181 Posts
its not too bad just use grease and a socket to make sure you press/tap the new one in straight. If I remember right it did not take too much pressure to seat it. here is my original post from a while back

· Registered
181 Posts
its not too bad just use grease and a socket to make sure you press/tap the new one in straight. If I remember right it did not take too much pressure to seat it. here is my original post from a while back

I know this is long past the last post. I had the same problem where a fuel leak was caused at some time during the timing belt change. I'm wondering if it is caused when the seal on the High pressure fuel pump is inadvertently turned backwards a little while changing the timing belt... It could be worn in one direction and the backwards motion messes with it... remember this thing is under a lot of pressure and heat. anyways. Cheaper fix.. I just pulled the high pressure fuel pump and changed the shaft seal. From now on I will probably just change that seal preemptively as I hate doing the timing belt removal and install twice in a row. cheap insurance ... here is a link to the complete kit for replacing a bunch of parts in the fuel pump.
Seal repair kit for Bosch CP1H and CP1H3 pumps - Diesel Injection Pumps
This is a repair kit for Bosch CP1H common rail pumps. Fitted to some Iveco, Ducato, Hyundai and Opel vehicles.
injectionpumps.co.uk
injectionpumps.co.uk

· Registered
181 Posts
I didn't touch or remove the pump at all... Just changed the timing belt
You could do it without touching the hpfp seal but...its preventive. Its easy to get to the pump with the timing belt off. I am not the first person to have a fuel leak after doing timing belt.
just the shaft seal... its been awhile I don't remember exactly. but I do remember it wasn't bad bdcruze

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.