Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Did timing belt, starts and runs, but issues...

3784 Views 23 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  LulzT1
I have a 2014 diesel cruze with 106,000 miles. I replaced the timing belt and water pump.

When it was put back together it fired right up without a problem, sounded perfect... However, the Stabili trak and TCS needs service lit up, as well as the check engine light. The tachometer also does not work, as well as when it is put into gear it the transmission shifts very harshly and once underway the automatic transmission does not shift out of second.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I messed up? And also how to fix it?

Also, I hooked the car up to my code reader, and got the P0016 code. As I said, it starts and runs just fine.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel, Crystal Red Tintcoat
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I have 2 nice days left, gonna start getting cold here in PA. Car still starts and runs, same codes. I need to know how many times its going to take to get the timing belt to match the lines on the belt again, so I can readjust this. I was cranking it by hand out there yesterday, and the lines never matched back up.

What else can I do to find tdc on cylinder 1 again, not to mention the cam? Somehow, I'm thinking that it doesn't line up on each rotation... I'm almost thinking I need to send her to the dealer and let them re-time it.

I appreciate all the help so far in my little dilemma...

· Registered
2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel, Crystal Red Tintcoat
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, this just keeps getting more and more unusual...

Decided to take the car to the dealer, so I went outside and put everything back together. Started it to move it off the ramps, and lo and behold, no lights other than the check engine. And the tach was working too. Took it out and drove it for 11 miles, got it nice and warm. no issues. The check engine light was for slow egr response.

Took it back to the house, and shut it off. Went in to get my wallet because I was going to take it to the car wash. Restarted the car, and no tach, and the other lights all came back on..

I am now stumped...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.