Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Did timing belt, starts and runs, but issues...

3346 23
I have a 2014 diesel cruze with 106,000 miles. I replaced the timing belt and water pump.

When it was put back together it fired right up without a problem, sounded perfect... However, the Stabili trak and TCS needs service lit up, as well as the check engine light. The tachometer also does not work, as well as when it is put into gear it the transmission shifts very harshly and once underway the automatic transmission does not shift out of second.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I messed up? And also how to fix it?

Also, I hooked the car up to my code reader, and got the P0016 code. As I said, it starts and runs just fine.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I didn't touch or remove the pump at all... Just changed the timing belt
You could do it without touching the hpfp seal but...its preventive. Its easy to get to the pump with the timing belt off. I am not the first person to have a fuel leak after doing timing belt.
just the shaft seal... its been awhile I don't remember exactly. but I do remember it wasn't bad bdcruze

·
Super Moderator
7,353 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I couldn't figure it out, sent it off to the dealer. They found it to be a tooth off. All is good now.
Did you use the locking tools or just mark the cam vs block when you replaced the belt? When I did mine without the tools I noticed the cam liked to rotate ccw by itself.

Reactions: Tomko
21 - 24 of 24 Posts