Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Diesel Cruze Tuning Project

60531 144
At this point I think its deserving of its own thread.

To those of you unaware, tuning the Diesel Cruze is a bit tricky because well, its protected. Like really protected. Some people managed to get past these protections like Fleece, Trifecta, and DuramaxTuner. Sadly they won't share :( .

WELL needless to say I made Trifecta share. Now the legality of that is kind of grey. I obviously won't release their tune or my methods of getting them, but the stock file is.... A different story.... Does Trifecta own it? No, but they spent thousands to get it in the first place. My inner lawyer (not a lawyer) would claim Trifecta only owns the modifications they do. Even then, say I did release the files. We'd see everyone and their dog offering tunes for the Cruze. And that's not something I want to happen out of respect for the people who read the ECU legitimately.

Anyway, I'm still thinking on that one. I made some quick documentation to go over what I have done thus far in terms of mapping out the ECM. Figured some of you may find it interesting.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1G4P68q0FbjTE03R2Y2Z0N2dk0/view?usp=sharing

Always looking for help. If you are proficient with Assembly and are willing to take up a challenge, then you have a new best friend.
141 - 145 of 145 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone used a Flashscan V3 to flash these tune files? Every post I have seen indicates using a V2, but those are getting a little harder to come by.

Second, has anyone disabled the trans shift into neutral at a complete stop 'feature'?

PS. PM me if you are near Michigan and have flashscan you're willing to rent out. :)

· Registered
86 Posts
I noticed the stop into neutral thing on the gas Cruze with the GM transmission. It was very annoying. The diesel with the AW transmission doesnt seem to do that. It feels better in every way. Do you know for sure its true for the diesels too?

The V2 and V3 are interchangeable for tuning purposes. I would have paid more for a V3 because it can store more VINs and has a faster processer. Its fairly new, however, so they were rare on the used market when I got my V2 for $400 with one good VIN ready.

I would help anyone willing to come to Quakertown Pennsylvania.

· Premium Member
2015 CTD
531 Posts
I noticed the stop into neutral thing on the gas Cruze with the GM transmission. It was very annoying. The diesel with the AW transmission doesnt seem to do that. It feels better in every way. Do you know for sure its true for the diesels too?

The V2 and V3 are interchangeable for tuning purposes. I would have paid more for a V3 because it can store more VINs and has a faster processer. Its fairly new, however, so they were rare on the used market when I got my V2 for $400 with one good VIN ready.

I would help anyone willing to come to Quakertown Pennsylvania.
It goes into neutral and is irritating to me. I almost always slip it into manual before stopping or I just barely keep rolling whenever possible.

I'd tune it out in a millisecond if I could.

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Good Morning,
Once deleted and tuned, what do the readiness codes show if the can is scanned?
In MO, they only check the IM monitors are all "ready" for emissions tests.
Thanks!
If you disable enough DTCs (32768) they will stick to ‘not available’ or ‘ready’ depending on some things I don’t understand.
Spoofing the monitors is never something I investigated.

141 - 145 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.