Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most on here I think the diesel Cruze needs more attention called to the fact that it has a special power source. I have seen the Holden diesel Cruze emblems mentioned here but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on them with shipping. I did some searching on ebay and found these;
Turbodiesel Turbo Diesel 3D Chrome Car Badge Decal Emblem Trunk Side Logo Insign | eBay

The price is right and the font is similar to the "Cruze" emblem and it's all in capitols. It is all individual letters. It might be a bit too long to use the entire "turbo diesel" emblem, but one could just use the T and the D to make TD and it would look similar to the LTZ and other sub-model emblems used on the Cruze. One could also just use the "diesel" part. I have one ordered and I'll see what it looks like when it comes. I'm thinking I should have ordered two. I think one would look good on the engine cover too. I was really disapointed that it doesn't even let you know for sure it is a diesel. I think GM's marketing is really asleep at the wheel on this diesel thing. I guess they are playing the cards close to the vest in case it flops (which I don't think it will).

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I might order those letters too. For $10 it's a pretty good deal, even if it takes a month to get.

Aussie, that engine cover looks cool.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you like this engine cover? I don't think it will fit the Chevy as the engine is from Korea.
View attachment 50537
I had seen your pics in previous posts. I do like that much better than the US version. The first time I saw one in person with the hood open I couldn't believe it only said Ecotec (which my 6 year old Pontiac G6 has). I thought maybe it was a preproduction model or something. All the diesel pickups have huge emblems all over them to make sure you know from every angle that it's a diesel. Why are they making this so subdued?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Good find. I asked the wife for the Holden badges for Christmas so we shall see.

MilTown,

I think it's more of a personalization than anything. Just like adding wheels or tint. I don't care of others know its a TD but I like the looks of the badge, its different.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I never noticed how small the emblem is on my CTD. I like it the way it is... JMHO.

I don't notice the typical diesel smelling exhaust either. My CUT tractor needs the help of glow plugs below 50 degrees and blows clouds of black smoke when started.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I really don't understand his fascination, I could care less if anyone know's my car is a diesel.

This is like the third or fourth thread I have seen about this.
For me personally, I want to raise the awareness so more people buy diesel cars. It would also be a good conversation starter with fellow gearheads.

Reactions: TD_Cruze and Nellie

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I too want to raise awareness of diesel vehicles. Most people don't even know Chevy offers the diesel Cruze or have any idea of the fuel mileage capability. I want to see this car succeed so that they sell a whole bunch of them. This will benefit us all in the long run as it will lead to more knowlege and better aftermarket support.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Chevrolet cruze Car Chevrolet
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Automotive lighting
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Chevrolet
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet Chevrolet cruze
Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Technology
Vehicle Car Engine Technology Auto part

I got the emblems from ebay. I'm experimenting with a couple different layouts. The white backing film is still attached to the letters. When actually applied there will just be the individual letters. I will probably remove the Sutliff dealer emblem at some point too. Which style do you guys like the best?

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
Looking at your pictures, just the word "DIESEL" seems to be the most balanced as it looks more even. ECOTEC on the engine cover seems wrong with Turbo Diesel, is there any way turbo can blot this out and diesel on the other side of the bow tie?

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Here is what I did

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just ordered the Holden emblem from ebay. I plan on removing the OEM green "eco square" on the back of mine, then putting the holden badge on the other side of the boot.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.