Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Diesel emblems

16496 48
Like most on here I think the diesel Cruze needs more attention called to the fact that it has a special power source. I have seen the Holden diesel Cruze emblems mentioned here but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on them with shipping. I did some searching on ebay and found these;
Turbodiesel Turbo Diesel 3D Chrome Car Badge Decal Emblem Trunk Side Logo Insign | eBay

The price is right and the font is similar to the "Cruze" emblem and it's all in capitols. It is all individual letters. It might be a bit too long to use the entire "turbo diesel" emblem, but one could just use the T and the D to make TD and it would look similar to the LTZ and other sub-model emblems used on the Cruze. One could also just use the "diesel" part. I have one ordered and I'll see what it looks like when it comes. I'm thinking I should have ordered two. I think one would look good on the engine cover too. I was really disapointed that it doesn't even let you know for sure it is a diesel. I think GM's marketing is really asleep at the wheel on this diesel thing. I guess they are playing the cards close to the vest in case it flops (which I don't think it will).
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I just ordered the all caps turbodiesel cuz the turbo diesel I ordered off of sickspeed is crap. black lettering fallin out and chrome pitting. Ive had a month. Weathers been cold but come on.
Are you getting the same one I have? It looks really good on my car in person.

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
I wonder if you can just buy the Chevrolet font letters individually ?

Just my impression, the full TURBODIESEL emblem is a bit wide. But I guess if you want to be seen, that is the whole point :th_salute:

· Registered
611 Posts
View attachment 53417 View attachment 53425 View attachment 53433 View attachment 53441 View attachment 53449 View attachment 53457 View attachment 53465 View attachment 53473

I got the emblems from ebay. I'm experimenting with a couple different layouts. The white backing film is still attached to the letters. When actually applied there will just be the individual letters. I will probably remove the Sutliff dealer emblem at some point too. Which style do you guys like the best?
what seller did you get these badges from (what did you search for; key words)? They look very close to the actual Cruze font.

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Finally got some semi warm (45 deg) weather to get the car cleaned up and the emblem put on. I took measurements and used a piece of masking tape to line up the letters. I think it turned out pretty good. Time will tell how well it holds up.
View attachment 62681
View attachment 62689
I like that, looks good. I've had a few older Benzes with TURBODIESEL on them and kind of liked the reference. But then again, I've also had old Benzes with DIESEL on them too.

· Registered
611 Posts

· Registered
611 Posts
I think a VW TDI badge with a green and black letters would be cool. I am sure that would make people take a double look.
I've been thinking about doing this myself. It's either that, or "diesel".

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.