Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So within the past few days when i have the ventilation on i get a lovely smell of un-burnt diesel fuel flowing through the vents. It only smells at very slow speeds and when the vehicle is stopped. Saw a thread about diesel exhaust in the cabin, could be similiar but this doesnt smell like exhaust, it smells as if i am at the gas station.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
So within the past few days when i have the ventilation on i get a lovely smell of un-burnt diesel fuel flowing through the vents. It only smells at very slow speeds and when the vehicle is stopped. Saw a thread about diesel exhaust in the cabin, could be similiar but this doesnt smell like exhaust, it smells as if i am at the gas station.
Check under the hood for a fuel leak. I recall someone posted a while back they had a fuel leak somewhere under there.

Reactions: pacolino

·
Registered
47 Posts
And check your floor mat. I found out the hard way, most diesel pumps are not the cleanest places in the world. It does not evaporate like regular gas. I tracked in chicken scratch covered with diesel fuel on a fill up. It smelled for months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts