Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
10,712 Posts
Wish it was that way here.

$3.39 USD 87 $3.49 USD 89 $3.59 93 and $3.99 Diesel(40?). Diesel is a little harder(not almost impossible like E85) to find and when you do, you just have to accept what that price is. $3.99 USD is the lowest for my area for Diesel, $4.29 USD is the highest. I've seen people on here post pics of Diesel @ Shell gas stations but I haven't seen one here that has it outside of like a warehouse district.

People aready congregate around my car when I get gas trying to identify it since I debadged it; I would have people running to the pumps to save me from putting diesel in my car if I got one because it's that rare to see a car run off it.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
Where are you from? Most places I have been in the USA diesel is 60+ cents a gallon more than regular 87 octane unleaded. Diesel pricing seems a bit more stable though, always around $4, regular unleaded price changes if the wind blows.

Not sure why you are comparing, but my 1.4T runs way better and gets better MPG with premium(especially true in hot months). Premium is usually the same price or slightly more than diesel. I run premium 95% of the time so I would probably save money on fuel cost with a diesel, fuel cost is about the same but I should see higher MPG with the diesel.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
$3.39 USD 87 $3.49 USD 89 $3.59 93 and $3.99 Diesel(40?).
It's rare to find a station here with so little cost difference between grades, 89octane is 10-15cents but premium averages 30-60cents more a gallon. Shell stations here are a bit rare, and usually charge more than everyone else. Typically Shell premium 15-30cents higher than all other local stations for premium.

·
10,712 Posts
In Cleveland the farther out of the hood you are the price of premium is reasonable and stable to the other grades. In the hood there are a string of no name 87 only gas stations so Sunoco and Shell will have 87 at like $3.19 to compete with them. This means 89 would be $3.79 and 93 at about $3.99 to "eat up" the difrrence. This to a sane person leaves you to question how long that gas is sitting there since 87 is the targeted audience.

·
Super Moderator
7,813 Posts
Where I am, the cheapest diesel is 3.8 cents more than the cheapest regular unleaded.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
WV/OH/PA/NY where I drive, diesel seems to be on par with premium. On Long Island, diesel seems to be a few cents less than premium. Premium is usually about 30 cents more than regular.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
The station I use has diesel priced +/- 5 cents a gallon relative to premium unleaded. Some weeks its higher, some lower.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Not sure why you are comparing, but my 1.4T runs way better and gets better MPG with premium(especially true in hot months). Premium is usually the same price or slightly more than diesel. I run premium 95% of the time so I would probably save money on fuel cost with a diesel, fuel cost is about the same but I should see higher MPG with the diesel.
The OP is comparing diesel to regular for 2 reasons:

1) The price of diesel and regular unleaded is comparable in most parts of Canada.
2) No Cruze is required to run premium fuel. If we had the same fuel prices in the US as Canada, even more 1.4T owners would just run 87 Octane or buy a diesel Cruze. Regular in Canada hovers around $5.00 / gallon, and $5.50 / gallon for premium, when you convert the currency and units. Diesel slightly less or even with $5.00 / gallon.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
I don't look at the price any more , it fluctuates to much . unlike diesel which is stable .
You guys never have to wonder . you know what you are going to pay for a fill up after driving 800 miles .

·
Registered
144 Posts
$3.77 for 87
$3.99 for 93
$4.07 for diesel here in Upstate NY

-Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 on VZW's LTE network.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Diesel here in Ashland, OH holds pretty steady. Right now Reg is around 3.29, but that could change in the next 5 minutes, and Diesel has been 3.89 (at the gas station I buy it from) for the last few weeks.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts