7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
733 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
That's great news, they are listening and going after the void left by VW. I hope it is all we want it to be and has fuel economy in excess of 50 mpg and advertise the car.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good News! As much as I think manuals are fun, will never own another for DD. Too much traffic in the Metro Baltimore/Washington DC area. Will own a manual if I get a weekend toy (Camaro SS or Mustang GT).

·
2,170 Posts
GTFO. Well color me surprised, I stand happily corrected. They're also going to offer different trim levels! Now I know what my replacement will be.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,909 Posts
Holy ****, yes!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well, $hit. Now I want a new manual hatchback diesel, but my '15 isn't worth jack. Super.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
That article is aimed at Canada. I hope it's also true in the US.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I'd consider a manual for a DD. I especially like how they mentioned that the diesel will be available across all trim levels.

Reactions: chevrasaki

·
Premium Member
5,909 Posts
I still don't understand why the Premier trim level (not just for diesels) is limited to an automatic. Why can't I have the top trim level and a manual?

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Because

@ MP81 A manual is considered lesser technology than a 9 speed automatic and lesser technology is not really " Premier "

·
Registered
302 Posts
More torque than they had originally said too! I think originally they had said 136 hp and 236 ft/lbs of torque. Now they're saying 136 hp and 275 ft/lbs of torque. I wonder if it will have overboost like the 2L does too. If I remember correctly, the 2L is 280 ft/lbs when in overboost.

·
Premium Member
5,909 Posts
More torque than they had originally said too! I think originally they had said 136 hp and 236 ft/lbs of torque. Now they're saying 136 hp and 275 ft/lbs of torque. I wonder if it will have overboost like the 2L does too. If I remember correctly, the 2L is 280 ft/lbs when in overboost.
Where did you see the higher torque output announced? This would be great.

And yes, the stock 2.0L is rated to 280 lb-ft in overboost. It definitely makes more than that, based on the dyno figures we saw this September - 259 lb-ft at the wheels.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts