Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think the fuel economy range (vertical axis on the right of screen) is automatic. If your economy was higher, the range would adjust accordingly. Try driving on the highway for 20 - 30 miles. Economy should go up, and the economy range should adjust itself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I've done that accualy I drove to PA over the weekend best I could get was 38 mpg. Cruze been like this now for over a month I miss the 50mpg.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I moved this to the diesel section. You are likely seeing a DPF regen happen. It will lower the fuel economy significantly for a few miles.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Run a cleaner thru it mine does it whenever something major changes trans fluid change it did it the about 200 miles then i changed the fuel filter and same result, put a cleaner thru the tank should go back up

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
How many miles on the car? I wouldn't add any cleaner to it. Yikes. Have you changed your fuel filter?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
OK I'll try some dpf cleaner from autozone?
No!! There is no such thing. (Well there is, but it's supposed to be squirted through the DPF after you've removed it. Not a viable option in your case, IMO. Nor is it necessary.)

This is been going on for the last few thousand miles my mpg had dropped to half what I used to get if that
Winter fuel and colder temperatures will drop the MPG noticeably in the diesels. See if it picks up as warmer weather happens. If not, a trip to the dealer may be in order.

Run a cleaner thru it mine does it whenever something major changes trans fluid change it did it the about 200 miles then i changed the fuel filter and same result, put a cleaner thru the tank should go back up
Nobody should use a DPF cleaner. Especially don't put it in your fuel tank. All sorts of havoc is sure to ensue.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I doubt if dealers will take a MPG issue seriously, and none under warranty/no charge. (If they do find something then it will be free, but if they find nothing, you'll have to pay for them to look at it.) Too many variables - and far too many bad drivers who want to blame the car. I can't say as I blame dealer.

But for kicks and grins, take a look at How Many Under-tightened Diesel Intake Clamps.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
What about the royal purple injector cleaner
That's a whole different ballgame. That appears to be a fuel additive. DPF cleaner is not a fuel additive.

There are widely differing opinions on fuel additives on this forum. I, for one, have 167K miles on my diesel, and the only thing that' ever gone into the tank is... diesel. it still runs like the day I drove it off the lot brand new.

Reactions: spaycace

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
My mileage has dropped drastically as well and its warmed up dramatically.
My instant mileage has some wonky consistent rise and fall that it never had before.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My mileage has been terrible (relatively to my normal performance) as of late. Got a CEL two days ago for the O2 sensor. Fixed it today, mileage seems to be much better. Cause and effect? To early to tell so far.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts