Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm asking for your mpg with what % is highway and speed on what you were getting pre winter and what you are getting now. The silver ctd that the local dealer said was in transit came in today now I really now to choose lollol I drive 24k a year 90% highway. 50-75% of that non traffic

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,132 Posts
I was 49+ mpg (80% highway, 45-50 mph avg. speed) for my first two tanks back in October, and I saw my best 25 mi. run reach 64mpg and my best 50 mi. run reach 56mpg, before the cold weather and winter fuel began to cut into my mileage. My worst winter tank ever was around 33mpg, but that included a lot of idling and in-town driving. Over the winter as a whole, I'm typically seeing 36-39 mpg, with 25/50 mile runs still occasionally climbing into the high 40's, even with sub-zero mornings and daytime highs in the low teens. Based on your description, I think the CTD is definitely the car for you.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i heard the same thing is you keep it under 55mph need to see peoples mpg where they are averaging 65mph-70mph (65 is our speed limit)

i really want a ctd but with my wife having a 2nd baby i just worried on having a 2nd car seat in the back i need to go this week and throw in a car seat and actually see the room it dose not have and go from there

this car is 3/4 to a 1 penny cheaper per mile to drive compared to the other car which is not the deciding factor

·
Registered
7 Posts
On the interstate @ 75MPH I typically see 45mpg with the AC on, 47 with the AC off. This is midwest interstates with moderate rolling hills.

My commute to work is roughly 75% freeway and 25% stop and go. I see around 41MPG in these conditions.

My lifetime avg (roughly 10,000 miles) since I bought the car is right around 42. Winter months have dropped my fuel economy about 5-10%, about the same drop I was seeing in my gas car when stations switch to Winter Blend gas.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Warmer driving, I averaged just under 43 MPG overall. This was 75% long haul highway, and 25% traffic and short trips and driving hard (based on time not mileage). In the winter the same driving habits yielded just under 39 MPG overall.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,132 Posts
yea i heard the same thing is you keep it under 55mph need to see peoples mpg where they are averaging 65mph-70mph (65 is our speed limit)
Since I live in a rural part of N. Iowa, most of my driving is 2-lane, 55mph U.S. highways and state highways (with slower speeds passing through small towns). With the nearest interstates being an hour away and most of my trips going in the opposite direction, I don't put on a lot of interstate miles. On my occasional interstate trips, I'm seeing instant read-outs in the mid-40s to low-50s in warm weather and lower-40s in colder weather.

i really want a ctd but with my wife having a 2nd baby i just worried on having a 2nd car seat in the back i need to go this week and throw in a car seat and actually see the room it dose not have and go from there
My Diesel is mostly my business vehicle, so I don't have the kids in it on most trips. I put the seats in often enough, though, for occasional trips with some or all of my 4 kids. Because there's so much travel in the front seats, a lot of it depends on where you have them positioned. For me, I can easily put a booster or front-faced 5-point seat on the driver's side (with my seat positioned about 80% back) without any complaints - as long as it's not one of those monstrously-large side-impact seats with every bell and whistle (those seats actually run into problems with ceiling/door clearance and really shouldn't be used in the Cruze at all). On the passenger side, I can usually install a rear-faced infant carrier and still have enough room in the front seat for my wife or oldest daughter. If I use just the right seats, it's even possible to fit 3 across the back (2 car seats on either side with an older child in the middle with just the seat belt or one 5-point car seat in the middle with boosters on either side.)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rev thanks for that insight

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
im at 44 us mpg for life of car (8400 miles)

all but 1000 of those miles on studded winter tires and winter fuel and winter roads.

i set cruise to speed limit + 5 mph and relax

im eggspecting 50's in spring/summer

·
Registered
821 Posts
I drive 44 miles each way to work everyday, almost all highway and backroads.

Currently averaging from 34-36 MPG. Winter tires installed and quite a few mild hills. Average speeds are 53-72 MPH.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
90% highway , cruise set at 60 mph .. summer ave. about 50 mpg.. same drive this winter 45 - 46 mpg.. just over 20,000 miles on my DIC trip 1 readout 47.9 mpg.. haven't reset it almost since new.. look at my fuelly log to see the trend from winter to summer

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm averaging 34 mpg with a new CTD in sub-zero Minnesota driving 75 mph on the highway when I can and 25% city (total average speed 43 mph). I accelerate quicker and drive faster than most traffic. The G8 I was driving on the same routes got 18 mpg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts