Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
I remember a price gap between gas and diesel pretty well in 2011. Diesel price was over a dollar more than gas where I was in suburban/rural Illinois. Get closer to Chicago and the prices and price gaps grew almost exponentially - but it's always like that there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
228 Posts
Actually, when I bought my Cruze diesel, gas price for regular was around 3.20 for regular and diesel was 3.75-3.79

Regular 85 octane is now 2.99 here at the cheapest stations. Diesel is 3.64. Not the same amount of price decrease but enough for me.

Still $100 to fill up my ram 2500 hemi and about $50 to fill the Cruze diesel and get more miles out of a tank on the Cruze. So I don't care about that small amount of change I could save at the pump with the gas Cruze.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Relax people. We all knew diesel would cost more at the pump than gasoline. If the 4 cents per gallon that this 1% decrease of energy in the fuel has you scraping for change, you probably shouldn't have bought a brand new car in the first place. It really doesn't matter in the big picture.

The Cruze diesel has an amazing range, great mpg, and like all diesels, is expected to be more reliable into higher mileages than the gas counterparts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.