Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Yesterday, the Sunoco station where I fill up had 87 E10 for $2.37/gal. Diesel was "down" to $3.89/gal. I'd be afraid to buy diesel at this station due to the low volume they pump, let alone the price. They have 8 pumps for gas and 1 for diesel.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Diesel has been $3.79 around here for the last three months. Meanwhile, 87 E10 has been all over the board from $2.61 to $3.49. The Sunoco station around the corner from me has been "going to add" diesel since early summer, but they keep putting it off. There's a BP station across the street from them and you almost never see a car/truck at the diesel pump. Of course, they are always more expensive than the Sunoco station, so you rarely see anyone at the gas pumps either.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Diesel went up a dime to $3.89/gallon here yesterday. 87 E10 was $2.86/gallon at the same station.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Filled both cars today. 87 E10 was up to $2.73/gallon. Diesel is still at $3.89/gallon.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
This morning 87 E10 is $2.59/gal, diesel is still $3.89/gal. 32% delta!

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Just filled the car full of 87 E10 at $2.56/gal. Diesel is $3.89/gal. My car would have to get 21 mpg in the city to make diesel worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I dislike being forced to buy Monsanto GMO corn based E10 after it damaged $1000 worth of sensors in my 2001 BMW 740i and ruined 2 lawn mowers. I pay extra to use E0 in those. My CTD is still very inexpensive to own and I plan to check out the diesel Colorado pickup when it hits the market.
Hmmm. I've been running 87 E10 in my 4 stroke string trimmers, lawnmowers, two stroke snow thrower, and all of my cars since E10 became available with no problems or issues in any of them. That's a long time and a lot of engines. I don't think the E10 is a problem.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
87 E10 is $2.39/gal. today while diesel dropped to $3.85/gal from $3.89.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Diesel has dropped!

Filled the cars up today. 87 E10 is $2.37/gal. Diesel dropped to $3.59/gal. Still not worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
87 E10 is $2.32/gal. today. Diesel went back up to $3.89/gal. $3.75 at some stations, but none that I'd fill up at.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Today I filled Black Betty with Sunoco 87 E10 for $2.29/gal. Diesel is still $3.89/gal.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Gas station (Sunoco) near the house has been advertising that they were "adding diesel soon" since early spring of this year. Finally asked the manager what the deal was. His response was that the projected sales volume was too low to warrant the cost of adding a tank and pump(s). He said the BP station across the street only pumps a couple hundred gallons a month. These stations are at the foot of interstate ramps, so they are not off the beaten path. I have yet to see a diesel Cruze on the streets here. Plenty of gas ones though.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Someone somewhere is buying it, LOTS of it or it wouldn't be so darn much!
Trucks. The interstates around here are awash with semis. at all hours of the day and night. Being 1 hour south of Daatwa makes for a lot of supplier traffic. The trucking industry is claiming they are way short of CDL licensed drivers in the thousands.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Someone adding diesel at an existing station is looking for diesel pick up trucks not semi's.
Of course. This station is not a truck stop, nor wants to be. The diesel pump(s) would be for pickups and cars and that's the reason for the low volumes. The BP station across the street is also not a truck stop. Actually, there are truck stops at the next exit a mile away on this interstate.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Diesel dropped to $3.59/gal today. Of course 87 E10 is $2.12/gal.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
87 E10 is $2.05/gal. Diesel is $3.59/gal.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Just returned from the gas station. 87 E10 is $1.92/gal. and diesel is up a dime to $3.69/gallon.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Filled a car yesterday. 87 E10 was $1.74/gal. Diesel at that station was $3.59/gal.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Diesel is really down, to $2.99/gal. Of course, I just billed Black Betty with 87 E10 for $1.71/gal. I have noticed that the stations around here are now charging a 6 cent premium for card sales over cash sales. It used to be a 4 cent delta.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.