Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
181 - 200 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
As of today, diesel can be found in Calgary for C$0.989/L. (It can also be found for C$1.109/L.)

A small bit of good cheer, as the oilpatch layoffs, cutbacks, and salary reductions devastate the people of this city (including my wife).
Sorry to hear that, this is an very unfortunate side effect of this plunge in oil prices. I imagine North Dakota is in the same situation too.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
A small bit of good cheer, as the oilpatch layoffs, cutbacks, and salary reductions devastate the people of this city (including my wife).
those working in resource sector (incl me :grin:) need to compensate for these 100% inevitable ups and downs and live and spend rationally ESPECIALLY during the boom times so the bust times are easy to deal with.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Diesel is really down, to $2.99/gal. Of course, I just billed Black Betty with 87 E10 for $1.71/gal. I have noticed that the stations around here are now charging a 6 cent premium for card sales over cash sales. It used to be a 4 cent delta.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Diesel is really down, to $2.99/gal. Of course, I just billed Black Betty with 87 E10 for $1.71/gal. I have noticed that the stations around here are now charging a 6 cent premium for card sales over cash sales. It used to be a 4 cent delta.
That is one thing I have yet to see in Canada, separate cash and credit gas prices. Quite common now in parts of the US.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Finally saw diesel today at $1.99 at a Fred Meyer in Scappoose, OR. Unleaded 87 was $2.01 at the same station. I just bought gas yesterday for the Subaru for $1.95 at Costco. Most diesel around here is about $2.49.

Reactions: Barefeet

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Part of the reason diesel is so high in the US is the massive demand for the fuel in transportation, examples semi-trucks, ships, agriculture, construction, and railroads. As of yesterday i have found truckstops with fuel as low as 2.14 s gallon in Iowa at a bp

·
Registered
611 Posts
Part of the reason diesel is so high in the US is the massive demand for the fuel in transportation, examples semi-trucks, ships, agriculture, construction, and railroads. As of yesterday i have found truckstops with fuel as low as 2.14 s gallon in Iowa at a bp
Agreed. It doesn't help that it's the "heating oil season" and the fact that we send thousands of barrels of ULSD over seas each day.

·
Registered
197 Posts
On the trip to Vegas I was able to find diesel everywhere for less than $3 which is what most places along the Interstates were charging. It took a little work ahead of time to figure out where to stop, but all were within a few blocks of the interstate. The last station was in the middle of 2 or 3 truck stops on the interstate that had the tall signs that were $3.09. This Shell had a short sign you couldn't see and no access for large trucks, the diesel was $2.50 though.

I've learned that it not worthwhile to go very far out of the way to save a little in my truck because it will use more than I save pretty quick. The CTD can cover a much larger area before that happens.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Filled up with diesel today for $1.059/L same as two weeks ago.
Gas (87E10) however, has gone up to $0.909/L
That means the gap continues to narrow here. :)

D: $3.17/Gal USD
G: $2.73/Gal USD

·
Registered
197 Posts
Same here, gas is up between 30 to 40 cents/gal and diesel hasn't changed. I don't always check super because my normal station only sells regular, but I think it has remained fairly steady and regular has gone up quite a bit more.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Diesel is lower than regular gas today in So California. Today diesel was 3.15 per gallon, regular gas was 3.25, and premium was 3.35! Finally cheaper at the pump to drive the CTD than a gasser.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Diesel: $1.079/L
Gas 87: $0.949/L

Was in northern MN over the weekend:
Diesel: $2.99/gal
Gas 87: $2.19/gal

·
Registered
251 Posts
Diesel here in some parts of Ohio is now down to between $2.89-$2.99/Gallon. Some places are lower, but I dont really trust some stations like that. I usually go to the local BP or Marathon, unless I absolutely need to go someplace else. Its a nice little break from what it has been. Still could come down a bit.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,160 Posts
Here in Iowa, our low point was $2.59/gal. for 100% #2 Diesel. It was about 10-15 cents lower if it was B20. Now we're back to $2.74-2.79/gal.

As of Sunday, everything is going up $0.10/gal. because the governor and state legislature decided it was a better idea to stick it to the people for another dime per gallon to keep our roads and bridges up to date rather than trimming all the waste and nonsense out of the state's general fund to pay for it.

They're also giving another $0.03/gal. break for blends of B11 and higher, which means 1) It makes it another 3 cents more expensive for those of us who avoid the Bio for its lower economy and potential to gunk up motors 2) it will encourage more stations to go with the B11-B20 blends in order to put a lower price on the sign, so we will have to look harder and experience more inconvenience in looking for B0

181 - 200 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.