Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 40 of 284 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Gas has dropped below $3 here over the last few months but diesel is virtually unchanged still close to $4.
This year is the first time I have seen such a huge spread in price, today's average here is $3.75-3.85 for diesel and $2.89-2.99 for regular gas.

Really makes the cruze diesel not worth the extra cost(MPG & cost per mile wise), seems the CNG cruze at the same price would save even more money. CNG averages for $1.59-$1.99 on the pump here.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
This is making me angry as well. I just don't understand why it's not moving

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Diesel has been $3.79 around here for the last three months. Meanwhile, 87 E10 has been all over the board from $2.61 to $3.49. The Sunoco station around the corner from me has been "going to add" diesel since early summer, but they keep putting it off. There's a BP station across the street from them and you almost never see a car/truck at the diesel pump. Of course, they are always more expensive than the Sunoco station, so you rarely see anyone at the gas pumps either.

·
10,711 Posts
The BP I go to (Waterway Pepper Pike)has 10¢ every Wednesday for veterans this month. Usually it's 3¢ off for their non BP and my BP card still has about 25¢ off on it. I alternate between BP and Shell but it's the same 2 stations.

They have diesel there and I'll try and snap a pic in the morning when I drive by.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here in ontario canada, diesel is usally a bit cheaper than gas and on occasion it creeps above gas, like right now, gas is $1.10/liter and diesel just went up from $1.12/liter to $1.16/liter..I am still jealous of you yanks for your price on fuel lol

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Here in ontario canada, diesel is usally a bit cheaper than gas and on occasion it creeps above gas, like right now, gas is $1.10/liter and diesel just went up from $1.12/liter to $1.16/liter..I am still jealous of you yanks for your price on fuel lol
Must be nice. In N.S we are paying $1.28/L for diesel. But still $1.16/L for regular

·
10,711 Posts
maybe demand for home heating oil this time of year, switching to #1 diesel. any excuse they can think of.
Have a basement in Cleveland area but the township I work a county over has none so they use diesel fired furnaces.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Almost every home in Nova Scotia pre 1990 uses an oil furnace for heat. It's insane

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Diesel has dropped to 3.64 here. keeping the same gap from reg 87 which is 2.99/gal. It's usually 70 cents/gallon difference from regular here.

The refineries aren't stupid, they charge by energy potential now instead of production cost. Since diesel continues to provide more energy per gallon they will charge accordingly.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Must be nice. In N.S we are paying $1.28/L for diesel. But still $1.16/L for regular

I have seen reg 87 for $1.09/L, but diesel is still $1.29/L

I bought the diesel for the power over the gas. The mileage on the diesel is great, but the price difference between gas and diesel right now does not give it an economical edge at all over the gas cars. I would expect diesel prices to drop going through winter if the weather stays on the milder side.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
The power and reliability is definitely a huge plus. At least where I live the price of diesel stays extremely stable.

Reactions: spacedout

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The power and reliability is definitely a huge plus. At least where I live the price of diesel stays extremely stable.

I have noticed that Canadian prices don't usually swing nearly fast or as much as US prices.

Reactions: money_man

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have seen reg 87 for $1.09/L, but diesel is still $1.29/L

I bought the diesel for the power over the gas. The mileage on the diesel is great, but the price difference between gas and diesel right now does not give it an economical edge at all over the gas cars. I would expect diesel prices to drop going through winter if the weather stays on the milder side.
I am with you. I am a diesel enthusiast, but mainly for the power it is just so much better than gas, gotta love that low rpm tq pull. just feels unstoppable, the fuel mileage is a great side effect lol...but yeah it is not fair that the price isnt changing

·
Registered
747 Posts
No need to get upset. This is perfectly normal. Diesel generally goes up this time of year and gas generally goes down, although more than normal this year. Where I'm at diesel has come down to $3.35 in several locations with 87 E10 at $2.75 at Costco and $2.85-$2.95 everywhere else.

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
At least where I live the price of diesel stays extremely stable.
That's how it is here, around $3.75-3.95 all year long. 87 octane gas this year has been $2.85-$3.75 here.

Can buy premium gas here for an average of $3.39, the lowest prices I have seen in my area for premium since I bought my Cruze almost 3 years ago. My cost per mile on my last few fill ups has been just under 8 cents per mile, the lowest I have ever seen.

21 - 40 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.