Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 60 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
You also need to shop around in town. Unlike gas prices, diesel seems to vary wildly from station to station. The Marathon next to my house has diesel at 3.99 right now. The Marathon two miles down the road (same owner) has it at 3.79, and the one downtown has it at 3.52. I use gas buddy to check prices before I fill up. Driving an extra ten miles to save 40 cents a gallon seems worth it to me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The shell I filled up at was $4.19 last week, and across the road the BP was @ $3.7x
I noticed lower power/mileage when filling up at that BP though, and unfortunately there isn't another shell anywhere close.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Diesel went up a dime to $3.89/gallon here yesterday. 87 E10 was $2.86/gallon at the same station.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty bummed about the price disparity. $2.89 for regular and $3.79 for diesel where I always fill up. I understand that heating season is ramping up, but that is quite the gap considering diesel has been about 3.70-80 at the same place all summer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Last fill up for me was a couple weeks ago. That was $3.60. Just to give some perspective. I had to get a loaner Cruze LT while my car was in for the airbag/heater cord recalls. Mileage on the loaner was 28.5 for the day (reset the trip computer before starting). 50 mile average for the Diesel was at 39.2MPG when I took it in. My commute is just over 50 miles for a day. Weather on both days was comparable, except the Diesel was dealing with a 20 MPH headwind on the way in on Wednesday/Thursday and the gas Cruze had a relatively calm day Friday. In the gas LT cars defense, I'm sure it was running E10. Which cost it at least a couple MPGs.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Filled both cars today. 87 E10 was up to $2.73/gallon. Diesel is still at $3.89/gallon.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,147 Posts
Unleaded (87 - E10) has reached a long-time low here in Northern Iowa at $2.79/gal. this week. As of November 1, Diesel had reached the lowest price since I started buying it, at $3.42/gal. In the 2 weeks since, it has gone to $3.89. Some of it could be increased demand for heating oil and other similar oil products as the heating season begins here, especially with fears over a demand crisis like we faced last January in everyone's minds. Also could be related to the changeover to winter Diesel, which happens here as of Nov. 1.

41 - 60 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.