Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
81 - 100 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
truckers make more $$ the higher the price of diesel gets....fsc ftw
Not all make more money. Many make much less. Are they paid by the mile? Are they in a contract to deliver? Are they employees of a trucking company or independently owned? Let me just say this, in a time of high diesel prices, almost everything you buy costs more. Everything.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
87 E10 is $2.39/gal. today while diesel dropped to $3.85/gal from $3.89.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Diesel has dropped!

Filled the cars up today. 87 E10 is $2.37/gal. Diesel dropped to $3.59/gal. Still not worth it.

·
Registered
746 Posts
2.99 by me

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
87 E10 is $2.32/gal. today. Diesel went back up to $3.89/gal. $3.75 at some stations, but none that I'd fill up at.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’ve had my Cruze Diesel for all of 3 weeks, and in that time, the price of diesel fuel has dropped about 20¢/litre (Canadian), which would be about 85¢ (US) per US gallon, if my conversions are correct.

The cheapest diesel near me runs C$1.149/litre. However, regular gasoline at the same station is C$0.89.9/litre, so the absolute price difference between gas and diesel is still 25¢/litre, about what it was 3 weeks ago.

I live in Calgary, Alberta, the capital of the Canadian petroleum industry, and this is a very nervous town right now. 2015 is going to be a tough year in the oil patch. (I have to keep reminding myself that there will be economic winners from this, as well as losers.)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Gotta love Alberta, at least residents there benefit from their oil production by getting cheaper gas/diesel than any where else in Canada.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
$2.95 here in TX, being close to the refinery helps keep the delivery cost down.
Nice! This is the first I've heard of diesel under $3 a gallon.

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I purchased my Diesel back in July, Gasoline was 3.69 a gallon and diesel was 3.79 a gallon. Today I filled up for 3.13 gallon diesel, and gas is down to 2.31 a gallon. Diesel down .66 cents, and gas 1.36.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Today I filled Black Betty with Sunoco 87 E10 for $2.29/gal. Diesel is still $3.89/gal.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
What suprised me is that around here E85 has always been about $1.00/gal cheaper than 87 but now the difference is only $0.20/gal. Diesel????? would have to get about 117 mpg to offset the cost.

81 - 100 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.