Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
101 - 120 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Texaco diesel down to $2.93 here with Shell and Chevron right behind. Cheap-off brand station down the street now $2.79.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Man your prices are insane. Makes me wish I lived close to the boarder.

87 is $1.01/L
Diesel is $1.169/L

That's
$3.82/us gallon for 87
$4.42/us gallon for diesel

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Man your prices are insane. Makes me wish I lived close to the boarder.

87 is $1.01/L
Diesel is $1.169/L

That's
$3.82/us gallon for 87
$4.42/us gallon for diesel

If you convert to US dollars its only about $3.90/gal for diesel! :tongue:

Still very high!

Reactions: spacedout

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Forgot about currency conversion.

I liked it better when we were close to par with the US $.
When I travel in the US it will be a bit more money this summer, at least fuel should be a lot less than last year!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
It's bull that we have Alberta and we still pay so much for fuel

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Canada does produce more than it consumes. Most other countries like this have very cheap fuel by comparison, typically under $1.00/gal. Unfortunately, oil production is privatized so it gets sold on the global market and we buy it back at the highest price and then pay high taxes on top of it. To make it even worse oil is traded in USD and the CAD is running about 12-14% less now and is somewhat tied to the price of oil. The lower the price of oil, the less valuable the CAD vs USD.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
We've had fuel regulation laws for longer than 5 years so no I don't remember that

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Gas station (Sunoco) near the house has been advertising that they were "adding diesel soon" since early spring of this year. Finally asked the manager what the deal was. His response was that the projected sales volume was too low to warrant the cost of adding a tank and pump(s). He said the BP station across the street only pumps a couple hundred gallons a month. These stations are at the foot of interstate ramps, so they are not off the beaten path. I have yet to see a diesel Cruze on the streets here. Plenty of gas ones though.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Gas station (Sunoco) near the house has been advertising that they were "adding diesel soon" since early spring of this year. Finally asked the manager what the deal was. His response was that the projected sales volume was too low to warrant the cost of adding a tank and pump(s). He said the BP station across the street only pumps a couple hundred gallons a month. These stations are at the foot of interstate ramps, so they are not off the beaten path. I have yet to see a diesel Cruze on the streets here. Plenty of gas ones though.
Someone somewhere is buying it, LOTS of it or it wouldn't be so darn much!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
parked or in motion?

101 - 120 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.