Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
121 - 140 of 284 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Someone somewhere is buying it, LOTS of it or it wouldn't be so darn much!
Trucks. The interstates around here are awash with semis. at all hours of the day and night. Being 1 hour south of Daatwa makes for a lot of supplier traffic. The trucking industry is claiming they are way short of CDL licensed drivers in the thousands.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You need plenty of room to get a semi to a pump, and a regular diesel pump takes forever to fill. I was driving a tanker the last couple of years and a regular pump was the last resort and then only enough to get to a high speed pump, it takes a while to put almost 200 gallons in not to mention the extra trip into the store to have the $ limit turned off. Someone adding diesel at an existing station is looking for diesel pick up trucks not semi's.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Someone adding diesel at an existing station is looking for diesel pick up trucks not semi's.
Of course. This station is not a truck stop, nor wants to be. The diesel pump(s) would be for pickups and cars and that's the reason for the low volumes. The BP station across the street is also not a truck stop. Actually, there are truck stops at the next exit a mile away on this interstate.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Diesel dropped to $3.59/gal today. Of course 87 E10 is $2.12/gal.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Diesel within 3 miles of my house as of this morning:

Shell: $2.99
Chevron: $2.93
Texaco: $2.79
76: $2.79
Safeway: $2.61

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Diesel within 3 miles of my house as of this morning:

Shell: $2.99
Chevron: $2.93
Texaco: $2.79
76: $2.79
Safeway: $2.61
Wow, $2.61. Amazing. I think the least I've ever paid anywhere is $3.39

·
Registered
746 Posts
2.88 here

·
Registered
611 Posts
Its dropped a whole 16 cents to $3.59 at my usual station in WI in the past two weeks. It's non-bio, so I fill there 9 times out of 10. I'm tempted to just say the **** with it and start filling up in IL on the 20% bio. As of this morning it was $3.38.

121 - 140 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.