Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
141 - 160 of 284 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
87 E10 is $2.05/gal. Diesel is $3.59/gal.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Paid $3.03 today for diesel fuel in So Cal! That was with a 20 cent discount though, so actual cash price was $3.18. Premium gas was $2.94 at the same station. I'm not complaining about paying a little extra, the MPG, the power band, and clean technology, yahoo.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Just hit $3.49 at my usual station in WI. Still 10 cents more than all the stations I pass on my way to work in IL. Still much too high though. I would be quite content with $2.99. Any lower than that is just the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Paid $3.03 today for diesel fuel in So Cal! That was with a 20 cent discount though, so actual cash price was $3.18. Premium gas was $2.94 at the same station. I'm not complaining about paying a little extra, the MPG, the power band, and clean technology, yahoo.
How the **** is Diesel cheaper in CA than over here?
Today:
-87 octane $2.29
-Diesel $3.49
Don't want to hear the heating oil bs anymore since prices don't drop in the summer like they used to.

Reactions: Gator

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Filled up today:

Diesel: $1.15/L CAD = $4.40/gal CAD =~ $3.78/gal USD
Gas: $0.95/L CAD = $3.61/gal CAD =~ $3.10/gal USD

Reactions: Aphidman

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Just returned from the gas station. 87 E10 is $1.92/gal. and diesel is up a dime to $3.69/gallon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My last update on this topic was on December 9, when regular gasoline was C$0.899/litre and diesel was C$1.149/litre.

Today in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, regular gasoline at Shell was CA$0.849/litre (US$2.77/US gallon), and the cheapest diesel at Centex was CA$1.119/litre (US$3.66/US gallon). Diesel sold by the major oil companies is usually 5¢ to 8¢ more per litre than at the little guys; I’m not sure why.

The price gap against regular annoys me, but then I remember that the current price of diesel is less than I was paying for regular gas a short time ago, and I was putting that gas into a vehicle that burned a lot more of it (a Hyundai Santa Fe).

·
Registered
104 Posts
The corner Chevron dropped from 3.29 to 2.99 today...yippee!!!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Prices are dropping, but I simply do not get the mileage with this winterized-anti-gel diesel crap fuel. I would say I'm down a good 15% in overall MPG.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I bought Diesel at a Citgo for $2.89 a gallon two days ago (thanks to the notification on the radio for fuel prices as the place I usually go 5 miles away was $0.70 a gallon higher still though they rarely are that much different). And I am unfortunately in a more affluent part of the state and they rape us on fuel prices around here. Just 20 miles away the prices are $0.20 or more a gallon less. Even though they all get deliveries from the same Tank farm that's 5 miles from where I live.

141 - 160 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.