Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
161 - 180 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
all states that have failed monetary increases in their state budgets routinely add this increases to the diesels tax base,as all over the road trucking companies pay mileage taxes every quarter for every mile driven in that state,so everyone who buy's diesel is helping that states budget.
offroad diesel that farmers use in their equipment has no tax placed on it as farmers are exempt.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
There are times on I-90/94 see more diesel powered truck on the road than passenger vehicles. Train engines and ships also run on diesel. Hear freelance truckers complain to get a load, can't even get enough money to pay for the diesel fuel.

Been a long time since fuel was priced on production, distribution, and a fair profit price. Around since 1973 and prior, since then has been all supply and demand. Apparently the demand for diesel is still high yet.

We just got back from Italy a couple of months, cost of diesel fuel there was the equivalent of $9.56 per US gallon.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
1.77 for regular 3.77 for diesel. 2.00 difference. I'm starting to smell a rat. I can understand 1.00 difference because of heating oil and the extra refining for the sulfur but you can now fill a gas car twice for one diesel fill. smh

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
What is wrong with you guys? Diesel is dropping in line with gas over here in AZ!

Is this a Diesel #1 issue?

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
God ****. Diesel is finally @ $1.141/L here. Meanwhile gas has been below that for over a month. Been at $0.975/L for two weeks

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I finally got diesel for under $3 near me last night

·
Registered
611 Posts
I filled up in Altoona, IA for $2.79 on my way back from CO this past weekend. Diesel prices in CO, NE and IA all were still in the low to mid $3.00 range. Diesel still remains well over $3.00 a gallon in IL and WI. This is starting to get annoying. I'm not looking for $1.99 diesel, but $2.25 -$2.50 seems fair; even during the heating oil season. With the exception of the past 2-3 days and the first week or two in November, I think this winter has been fairly mild (especially compared to last winter).

·
Registered
264 Posts
Today in PA the fuel tax went up 0.10 cents a gallon, the first of 3 yearly increases, along with registrations, licenses, inspection stickers, and who knows what else. :angry:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Diesel $1.13/L, Gas $0.89/L In Canadian Dollars.

Diesel $3.61/gal, Gas $2.84/gal In U.S. Dollars.

Slowly dropping, but still not closing the gas gap.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Diesel is $1.07/L here and gas is $0.945/L here s diesel is slowly catching up.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Registered
611 Posts
Finally $2.99 for diesel at my regular station in WI.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Filled a car yesterday. 87 E10 was $1.74/gal. Diesel at that station was $3.59/gal.

·
Registered
197 Posts
For most of December gas has dropped slower than diesel here RUG is 1.99 / Diesel is 2.65 today.

Going to Vegas Thursday in the so I've been scanning Gas Buddy for prices looks like diesel is about 3.00 along the interstate but I can knock at least .25/gal off that price if I get a few blocks away in most populated areas.

CTD still goes at least an extra 200 miles on a tank that's $5 cheaper to fill compared to the car it replaced.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Filled a car yesterday. 87 E10 was $1.74/gal. Diesel at that station was $3.59/gal.
87-------$1.84
Diesel---$3.14 (70% more than 87)
^^^ That if F-ing ridiculous! The spread I mean, that crazy!

Filled today. Down to a 22% price difference.

Diesel - $1.06/L - $3.38/gal USD
87 - $0.87/L - $2.78/gal USD

·
Registered
41 Posts
As of today, diesel can be found in Calgary for C$0.989/L. (It can also be found for C$1.109/L.)

A small bit of good cheer, as the oilpatch layoffs, cutbacks, and salary reductions devastate the people of this city (including my wife).

161 - 180 of 284 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.