Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Ya, i will probably buy a tune from Trifecta since they have a tune for the Tranny too.

The guys from Fleece told me that the majority of the time they would use it in Manual mode, so when i want to go full throttle its always in manual.
No one has tuned an Aisin before. So uh, save your money there.

I have been working on another approach... Which is quite promising.

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
"TRIFECTA presents a complete powertrain power delivery profile recalibration for the MY2014+ Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD Clean Turbo Diesel LUZ Engine and corresponding Aisin AF40 6-speed automatic transmission reprogramming.

Specifications of the TRIFECTA Performance MY2014+ Chevrolet Cruze 2.0TD Aisin AF40 6-Speed automatic transmission TCM calibration software reprogramming:

-Supplementary Aisin transmission TCM reprogramming compliments the ECM reprogramming and completes the TRIFECTA Powertrain Calibration: designed to work in unison with the ECM reprogramming for optimized performance
-Improved shift times in adverse shift patterns
-Improved shift logic
-Does not shorten transmission life or increase cooling requirements
-Retains all OE diagnostics functionality and TCM diagnostics
-Retains all OE error code reporting and functionality
-Improved fuel economy with improvements made to torque converter slip profiles"

And based on emails I have from Vince, it also gets rid of torque management.

No one has tuned it before. I don't know what more to say. Either its completely false, or is torn from another vehicle.

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWTF-80_SC take your pick.

Look, they got a tune to work for the diesel, I really respect that. Something not very many people can pull off.

What I don't respect is how they sell their stuff. They live under the guise of borderline fraudulent statements like "increased combustion cycle efficiency" and make 100% false promises like that "it also gets rid of torque management". They will say the engine will throw gold out of the exhaust just to sell a few tunes.

That's all I'm going to say. I just don't want anyone to get hurt by them because they are promising to fix these transmission problems when they don't even understand how their own tune works.

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I've kinda put my tunes into generations. I know some of the Gen 2 and 3 files are easily sub 15 second. But they have problems which the what I call the 'Gen 4' set out to solve.

I haven't really had the time yet to make a super powerful Gen 4 version yet. The one I do am working with is relatively smokeless and is fairly mild. Definitely not as wild as the earlier ones but some people like it a lot better.

Hey if you want to try it let me know. Although there's the whole.. Autocal issue.

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
From what the guys at Fleece told me, unless you change the Turbo, you cant have more power w/o big risk of boom.

They said that the Turbo was the most feeble part of our setup and when you do around 200-210hp at the crank, you are at maximum safe lvls and im right there.

So sub 15s with stock everything like i have? No way.
Something's up with Fleece's tune. It really shouldn't smoke as much as it does. Not really sure what to say, it's not like I can look at it and say what they did wrong. I can only speculate...

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Alright alright.

So open offer. If you convince Fleece. I will send them my latest and greatest 'mild' tune to them for no cost. They can package it for your autocal and there ya go. I trust them enough not to blatantly steal everything in it.

And then. There can be honest comparison.

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Incapable? Autocals are linked to basically the 'master' tool. You save your file "For Autocal" and then any Autocal linked to yours can flash it (no one else's Autocal will be able to flash it). I have done it far too many times now.

So long story short you'll have to buy one from me then. Or convince them to send you the unlock code. If you wanted to.

· Premium Member
2,447 Posts
My focuses aren't on tuning cars for moneys. Got far more lucrative endeavors for that.

Plus there's the whole legal issue of deletes which everyone seems to simply forget about it. Shell companies can only take you so far.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.