Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
10,697 Posts
I am game. I'll replace my fluid early at 50ish thousand miles. Maybe the tune puts me in the "severe" duty column :D
If you got a tune, it's safe to say you are in the extreme duty. Before I tuned I probably burned up the manual fluid even between the 2 fluid swaps with the axle replacements.

Sent from my iFail 5s

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel “49000 miles”
52 Posts
I'll do mine @ whatever mileage I'm at
When I hit the 2 yr point. Of course I'll spend the extra and get the signature series amsoil. How could I not get amsoil with the reviews on here

Sent from the sexy electrician
Did you run the signature Amsoil? If so how did it shift afterwards?

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
I went to my dealer and had it done at 30k, they used the GM spec oil for that ASIN transmission. The writer even specified the parts number so proper oil was used. I’m sure they simply unhooked the cooler lines and did the flush with the machine. At 50-60k I’m going to switch to amsoil.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,212 Posts
Make sure to check said trans cooler lines. I have to imagine the leak I had sometime before I replaced the lines (which was hell) has directly led to the issues we have now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone used the valvoline max life multi vehicle synthetic ATF? On their website it shows the AW-1 spec.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts