Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 53 Posts

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I didn't mind that I had to get the extra stuff om my diesel, ad i was mainly interested in the engine. I bought one with no additional options.

If they are going after VW, they need to have the diesel available on all trim levels, save maybe the L ans LS. That should put prices in line with what VW had on the Jetta. Jetta sales were at least 15% diesel. We will see if GM can duplicate that. it would mostly be a sales windfall.

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
What is Z-link?

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
In most cases you can start and drive off with the keys on the roof or something like that and then you are screwed!!! We had this happen in the Nevada Desert outside Las Vegas after a SEMA photo shoot and the Lexus show car had to be left parked overnight in an In-N-Out parking lot then towed to the dealer and it took a week to get a working key for it.
Just for fun, I tried this in my car that has this feature, and it worked! I thought the cars with this feature were supposed to be smart enough to know when the key is in the car.

Reactions: Chris Tobin

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Most newer ones will not start unless the key is in the car. The 16 Malibu we had was that way. Wouldn't even start if the key was next to the door on the outside..
Next time you're around one, try with the key sitting on the roof. I'll bet it will start.

Reactions: Chris Tobin

· Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Diesel should have been an option, not a trim level, and if not an option, it should have been a separate car, like some other manufacturers do. Cruze Diesel LT, 2LT, or LTZ. SO it could have all the fixins (or lack thereof) of a gasser Cruze.
That method worked for VW, and GM is going after the TDI crowd now. We will see what they do on the new one.

1 - 5 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.