Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to fill the P5 today and discovered that 87 E10 had jumped 20 cents a gallon since yesterday to $2.19/gal. No big surprise as we've seen daily fluctuations greater than that in 24 hours around here all the time. The surprise was diesel was $2.09/gal. I can't remember the last time diesel being cheaper than gasoline.

Reactions: diesel

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,395 Posts
Yep - diesel is cheaper here too, ever since gasoline started going up for no reason.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Diesel is $0.20/L cheaper here. Filling my ctd for $42 like a boss

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Diesel and regular (85 octane) unleaded are running neck and neck around Denver.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Yup gas here went from $1.95 to $2.30 a few days ago. It always go up by leaps and bounds but just trickles down slowly before the next price surge.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Diesel is around .20 to .25 cents cheaper in the Indy area depending upon what station, I filled for 1.79 a few days ago.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,395 Posts
I'm just not looking forward to paying for Premium here soon...if I even decide to drive the stupid car. Gotten used to regular (Cav) and diesel (Cruze) pricing...

Reactions: money_man

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't think diesel will ever be cheaper than gas here in NJ anytime soon, although it was for a tiny stretch at the bottom of the price drop last year.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Diesel here in Portland, OR has been at or below 87 E10 for the better part of 18 months now. Granted, diesel varies more than gas from location to location, but diesel is pretty easy to find for less than gasoline here.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
It is here too!

Montreal area, Quebec, Canada.

About 0.03 per liter.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Diesel generally gets cheaper in the summer months as demand for winter heating oil goes down. Meanwhile demand for gasoline surges in the spring and summer months as the vacation and driving season get into gear. In Florida its always much closer in price or diesel being cheaper during the summer due to this.

Cheers, enjoy the cheap summer blend diesel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts