Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
As the title says, is there any difference between the 2012 and 2014 Cruze models with the 2l diesel engines?
Like the layout of the engine bay, and so on?
The turbo cover looks different to me from the pictures, but everything seems to be at the same place.

Seen some parts which says its for the 2014 model and not sure I could fit them on my 2012 model.

· Registered
2,045 Posts
It could be a huge difference. You are overseas (outside the USA)? They are not the same engine depending on where the car is sold.

GM offered a "family Z" engine that is from General Motors Korea. That appears to be the engine sold all over the world.

GM also offered the "Fiat JTD" engine that is from GM and Fiat in Europe. That is the engine sold in Cruze for North America in 2014 and 2015.

They are not the same engine.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be a huge difference. You are overseas (outside the USA)? They are not the same engine depending on where the car is sold.

GM offered a "family Z" engine that is from General Motors Korea. That appears to be the engine sold all over the world.

GM also offered the "Fiat JTD" engine that is from GM and Fiat in Europe. That is the engine sold in Cruze for North America in 2014 and 2015.

They are not the same engine.
Hey Barry,
Yeah, I'm in europe.
I have the 2.0l 163hp VCDI from 2012 in mine, but you can find the same engine with 125hp and 150hp as well. If that tells you anything.

· Registered
2,045 Posts
I have the 2.0l 163hp VCDI from 2012 in mine, but you can find the same engine with 125hp and 150hp as well. If that tells you anything.
I've noticed that there are lots of engines overseas (Europe) with the same displacement and different HP ratings. It appears to be almost 100% the result of engine tuning.

I have a 2018 Cruze with the Opel 1.6 engine and that engine is offered in 95hp, 110hp, 120hp, and 136hp versions. I would wager real money it's all engine tuning, and the only difference is the US engine has some different emissions programming for our market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.